The Profile Brotherhood RC Forum banner
61 - 80 of 101 Posts

·
Registered
5,495 Posts
Right behind the throttle servo mount there should be a hole that leads to a tunnel into the front wing bay area.

Can't help with the ign wires. All the ones I built have been glow.

Attachments

·
Registered
772 Posts
imblaze89 said:
Haven't ran the motor since last time. I had a 30+ foot fall at work and landed on a a/c unit and then a lightening rod or something went thru my torso so I'm laid up for about 6 weeks. Lucky no broken bones or anything vital got stabbed. Just got home from hospital couple days ago so I'm doing what I can to get around.
Man, as bad as that sounds I'm glad it wasn't worse for you. Hope your back to normal before too long.

·
Registered
813 Posts
imblaze89 said:
Anyway on the mojo I'm trying to figure out how to get all the wires to the rx and mainly how to get the freaking throttle servo and ignition leads into the battery in the wing. If I would've known I would run it thru the tubes like the tail servos are but its too late and its just dangling. how did you guys get throttle lead inside the fuse?
Hope you get better.
I used a Savox servo plastic package box to mount the ignition, IBEC, light etc on my SBACH 65. One wire back to the receiver. Ran the servo wire through the tube also.
Ignition Box1.jpg

Ignition Box 2.jpg

Ignition Box 3.jpg

Attachments

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #65 ·
I don't get it, I can drill a hole and run it to other side but that does no good. I need to go thru the fuse into the open end of wing since they fit tight against the fuse. I think it's too late to make a tube inside the fuse I'm stuck

·
Registered
3,742 Posts
That's a bitch to hear about you taking a fall on the job. Hopefully you will heal up quickly and go back to work.

Don't rush anything. My brother in law took a fall and it took over six months for comp doctors to find his broken back. He now has a spinal fusion and the fall ended his working days. He is in rough shape still. When he had the fall he wanted to check himself out of the hospital and go back to work.

Don't be a hero. Let yourself heal. If something doesn't feel / seem right see an independent doctor. Comp will fuck you any chance they can.

·
Registered
5,495 Posts
When you cut the balsa core for the fuse did you cut all the lightening holes and slots in it? If you did then there should be a channel that exits like the pic.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,614 Posts
Built mine from the kit, but like Par said, there's a hole behind the throttle servo( and on the other side which I used for ignition) that is one end of a channel that leads into the front "hole" in the wing area of the fuse.

·
Registered
3,236 Posts
The fuselage has two full length fiberglass tubes. If you don't have the slot thar Par mentioned you could drill a new hole in the side that goes into one of the fiberglass tubes. Use the same tube you used for the rudder and elevator servo leads.

Attachments

·
Registered
5,495 Posts
Another option would be to remove the engine and bore a hole from the front all the way back to the wing-cutout. Plug the end behind the engine. Then cross drill for the wire entry points.

Just be careful not to hit the wing peg.

·
Registered
445 Posts
Sorry to hear about the fall, Can't imagine how much that would suck.

..If I am understanding you correctly the throttle servo wire runs through the hole next to the base of the servo and then through the channel that is part of the "Balsa Core" to where the area labeled RX(Receiver) is. The channel is formed after you put the plywood side panels on, at least that's how I plan on routing mine. I drew on the plan pic below for reference. Make sense?

Attachments

·
Registered
5,495 Posts
That is correct.

The ply doublers form the sides of the channel.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #73 ·
Shit I see the Chanel now, I didn't cut that out since its from scratch, all I cut is the rx hole and big triangle hole that the ribs have, so now what? I thought about trying to drill into the top tube and come out in rx hole but im so close to finishing it I may just let it dangle.

Anyone heard from swaneyshouse? I ordered a primo over a week ago before the accident and still hasn't been shipped, usually Paul answers questions within minutes but last I heard he said since they cut to order it would be shipped first of this week, haven't heard from him several days I asked if I could add a mojo 40 wing but stil havnt heard. Last time I ordered a mojo it was at my house like the next day. Anyone ordered from Paul lately?

·
Registered
445 Posts
Yep, lightening holes just aren't for breakfast anymore. Doh!

I ordered my Mojo65 short kit from him recently, It took a week to "cut" the kit as he does those as "one-offs" and then another week to get it. He answered my emails within a day and was very helpful in getting me going.(pointing me in the right directions for all the other stuff the short kit doesn't come with)

Who knows, he may have something going on his life that is trumping the biz. I'd give him a little time.

Here's where I' am at so far, it only took a couple days to frame up the fuse, and tail feathers. The stack of wood on the right was what I had to order separately.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,236 Posts
imblaze89 said:
Shit I see the Chanel now, I didn't cut that out since its from scratch, all I cut is the rx hole and big triangle hole that the ribs have, so now what? I thought about trying to drill into the top tube and come out in rx hole but im so close to finishing it I may just let it dangle.
If you have a long drill bit you could drill it. I did this with a different kit. A lot of people let the wires dangle or just tape them in place.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #76 ·
That mojo looks nice, if I did it again I would order the short kit.

What do you mean by using a long bit are you talking about drilling through the very front at the motor mount paralell with the tubes?

·
Registered
3,236 Posts
imblaze89 said:
That mojo looks nice, if I did it again I would order the short kit.

What do you mean by using a long bit are you talking about drilling through the very front at the motor mount paralell with the tubes?
It is possible to drill it now. You would have to go from just behind the engine (which isn't mounted at this point) and drill where the groove would be. It takes a drill bit about a foot long to do this. Lowes carries them.

·
Registered
8,378 Posts
imblaze89 said:
Anyone heard from swaneyshouse? I ordered a primo over a week ago before the accident and still hasn't been shipped, usually Paul answers questions within minutes but last I heard he said since they cut to order it would be shipped first of this week, haven't heard from him several days I asked if I could add a mojo 40 wing but stil havnt heard. Last time I ordered a mojo it was at my house like the next day. Anyone ordered from Paul lately?
Menace actually cuts/packs/ships the swanyshouse kits. Paul is not really involved in them any more. Been that way a few years now.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #79 ·
Ok I'm going to my buddy's shop today to drill wing bolts and servo channel, was looking at one of these 12 pin connectors so I could hook 4 servos in one and only have to plug 1 aileron and a multiplug.

Anything wrong with using this?

Attachments

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #80 ·
So I flew the mojo 65 and I love it, got about 3 full tanks through it and allthough it doesn't have the power as the 40 size Slabs it's still a lot of fun. On the third flight I was trying to land and somehow touched the tail to the ground first and snapped the rudder clean off the robart hinges, it floated around with the rudder dangleing before a hard landing that bent the puny 1/8" landing gear I used and broke my brand new prop. Isn't there a way to replace robarts with a brass tube and a Dremel?

So my real question is on something to run the rx and ignition off the same battery, I know it ain't safe but I've been flying it with 2 leads on one battery, one in rx and one in ig. I think the servos were twitchy especially the throttle. I've searched all over for this and everyone doesn't recommend it but I know it can be done can't remember where I saw it but I remember something about an "opto" will the rcexl opto killswitch do it?

61 - 80 of 101 Posts