The Profile Brotherhood RC Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
12,606 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I saw the news. How's it by you. Did you get flooded?
Hope all the Bro's in these areas are ok..

Reactions: Heinz57

·
Registered
10,589 Posts
Hey jake, how are you making out,

·
Registered
7,185 Posts
I'm Jake will chime in but I talk with him regularly in a group chat and I think he was not in the area of heavy flooding at least as of a couple of days ago.

·
Registered
20,173 Posts
I’m in central KY just south of Lexington.
All the flooding was in the Appalachias in eastern ky. Some areas like hazard received 9” of rain overnight.
it’s bad over there. Real bad. People washed away in their sleep. No infrastructure left in those counties. Water lines are busted, no power, no sewer, no internet, grace yards washed up or washed away. All water and streams are contaminated. It’s a major disaster but I’m fine. Thanks for asking. We only got received about 2” that night. But that 2” came in what I recon to be a microburst. It rained so hard for 10-15min that water ran uphill, up the driveway and flooded my garage and basement.
What people are dealing with out East is unimaginable. Whole families washed down river in their houses. The convergence of three storms in the middle of the night wasn’t expected. Flash floods are a way of life around here but you just expect to have to clean up and maybe call off work, no one expected 9” of rain in just a few hours time. No one was warned of that. People just went to bed like they always do expecting some work to need done the next day.
most in that area literally lost everything and very few have flood insurance because most of the areas affected aren’t actually in a flood plain. This was said after the fact that it was a once in 200 year event.
Most will move away and start over somewhere else I’d imagine.
Every church and every organization you can imagine have been taking donations and bussing people over to help work and clean up and pass out everything we can just like after the Christmas tornados.
If I still had my Jeep id be over there helping too but there isn’t much I can do now except give some cash.

·
Registered
20,173 Posts
I'm Jake will chime in but I talk with him regularly in a group chat and I think he was not in the area of heavy flooding at least as of a couple of days ago.
You’re not jake IM jake. All others are imposters!

·
Registered
12,606 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Glad you are ok Jake (y)
We will be praying for the rest of the folks. Wow - that's bad.

·
Registered
20,173 Posts
Glad you are ok Jake
Much appreciated. Good to see you around.
I laid out an old jo60 kit for the first time in probably five years. I think the last slab I built was my glitter jr.
im still very burnt out on building but it’s the only way to fly slabs now.
what have you been upto ?

·
Registered
3,047 Posts
Does seem most gas engines are cheaply made,they work but by skin of there teeth. Well,i never had a DA,but a bit more love could be put in them. Take one apart,sharp edges every where,cly bore just ok,there is room to be better. And,for 200.00 plus,yep,it could be better. Josh,you can buy a mid size chain saw,china made that works for that,and they get beat hard and last awhile. Guess i be saying,we need a still rc engine.:eek:🤑👍 lol

·
Registered
3,047 Posts
Yep,if sea doo made a rc engine it would pull the wings off. They make pipes for there engines to get every hp,and beat on them is expected. Last i new,a 2st made 160hp,on 2clys.

·
Registered
20,173 Posts
I’ll agree that exhaust sound just hits different 🔥🤘probably going to sell a few Saito’s to cover the cost of a OS 22. The DLE 20 seems marginal at times to really thrash.
I’m going to try the stinger 20. The fanboys sure say they’re on a different level than the dle. You’re correct. Anything over 7lbs and a dle is adequate at best.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts