The Profile Brotherhood RC Forum banner

Will a Gull Wing 3d?

622 views 12 replies 7 participants last post by  446 
#1 ·
Lately - I've noticed a war-bird or 2 converted to a 3d plane - or should I say a war-bird design altered to make it 3d. I think it was a P-51 Mustang... Anyway - my favorite war-bird is a Corsair. I wonder if a profile Corsair - with the gull wings - would make a stable 3d plane? Anybody ever 3d on gull wings?

#5 ·
I don't see why it wouldn't if you had enough hp up front and kept it light enough.
I'm not sure how it would knife edge with the wing, might have to work it to stay there but other than that is should work ok.

#7 ·
I didn't see much of it flying this time since I was too busy trampling through the trees, but at the Cookeville Pro Bro Ron was 3Ding the shit outta that Corsair...

#11 ·
they finally fixed the phone! I'm going to strip the corsair and put the gear in the mojo when I get it done. Will sell it cheap if you want it. can't ship, but I get around. can bring it to ga. or if you're coming down to our meet in jan.? how about 75 bucks with wheels and tank, will leave the servos in for 125.

#12 ·
Tempting offer - thanks - I'll think about it. But - after the experience of building my Burrito - I think I'd almost rather build the thing. Are there plans for this - or was it a TLAR job? I'm real curious about the wing build.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.