The Profile Brotherhood RC Forum banner

Where is the mojo thread on RCU?

7K views 53 replies 23 participants last post by  Laurens 
G
#1 ·

#3 ·
Here's the deal:

Paul, buy some advertisements on RCU, boom, thread comes back. RCU, RCGroups, etc are a business. They view Paul as a threat to the business model. Most of the other fit because they buy banner adds.

Simple solution, we hang out here. Start posting suggestions to make this place better and we just stay here.

Personaly, I'm finding places like this, The flying cirkus and Spadworld much better. The business end of things at the "big 2" are starting to get a little out of hand.

#6 ·
Quicker said:
Here's the deal:

Personaly, I'm finding places like this, The flying cirkus and Spadworld much better. The business end of things at the "big 2" are starting to get a little out of hand.
I agree quicker, but the pic post thing is a big hitch in the road.

#8 ·
Let me work that out with Billy. Technically, it's a simple module for the forum. We are talking disk space, which means money (rent). BH is footing the bills here, so we gotta get that cleared. I'll work on it.

I simple work-around right now is to post them in the gallery, then link them to your thread.

#10 ·
Quicker said:
We are talking disk space, which means money (rent). BH is footing the bills here, so we gotta get that cleared. I'll work on it.
I really don't mind contributing to the cause if it helps get us our own self suffecient fully functional place on the net.

#13 ·
I would help, but am computer impaired... spent too much study time building planes! I thought pulling paul's thread was crap...If I kit one of my build threads, are they gonna pull mine? how about the edgeling and the boxer? is paul being discriminated against because he has a successful design under his belt? a lawyer would probably say so... but then, they suck too...

I produced several hundred ferroplanes when I had the hobby shop (the little speed plane I had at cookeville). but they didn't pull my build threads...

anyway, I think I'll hang out here from now on if that's o.k. with you guys. I don't think rc universe is in my best interest any more. any of you guys play the poker game there? saw the leader had a lot more plays than anybody... then found if you "upgrade" your ads (pay) you got free plays... and now this?

#15 ·
I suspect one of the better know Profile sellers started squealing badly......trying to nip somthing in the bud.........I think maybe some of these guys will wake up when the relize they just pissed in their Cherrios!!!!!!

#16 ·
Well I pointed out to the RCAdmin that I did read all of the policy and what I did was not a shill and he replied saying that I was correct but he said you and I both knew what I was doing. :roll: He said they still need to clear up a bunch of the rules, I guess to keep someone from trying to use the rules to their own advantage:lol: Oh well.. I knew where he was coming from..there was probably a bunch of circle jerks bitchin about it. I know they really wont miss me but I think I need to cut back on my RCU participation. I would rather buy a banner on this site to help out than spend money over there..

I like the sig on RCadmin he has one that says to upgrade your membership to help support the site

#19 ·
All of you bring up valid points. I want to help in any way that I can and I do not mind spending money in the Pro Bro site.

I would also like to point out that I feel what happened to Paul is disgusting. Everyone has an opinion about who may have brought this to a head. I would ask that everyone PLEASE be careful in expressing your thoughts as it pertains to specifics "out in the Open". The last thing I would want to happen is for one of us to rant and have Pauly get the heat for it. He's too good a guy and genuinely likes to help people. If he was making $100 Grand, I would have mugged him and stole his wallet a long time ago :D

People who wear their heart on their sleeves troll in here just like they do on RCU. People who may be looking for "ammunition". Don't give 'em any. Think and speak strategically. It will be for the best in the end.

I do not mean to try to speak for Paul in this post, these are just my opinions, but he's my friend, I respect him and do not want to inadvertently cause him any further static over this issue.

O.K. Guys.....All Done

#20 ·
WILDFRED said:
any of you guys play the poker game there? saw the leader had a lot more plays than anybody... then found if you "upgrade" your ads (pay) you got free plays... and now this?
If you notice, there is an ad on every hand. And an ad that pops up every 7 hands or so. So that is 40 EXTRA ad views per person, per day!! And you win a fucking glow plug if you get 15000 points or some crap. And now the game is rigged where you get extra hands if you run ads in the marketplace.

I tell you what. If I set down at a poker table and the dealer tells me that the only way I can be dealt as many hands as the rest of the players is to tip him, I'd run from that shit.

And I don't give RCU my 40 extra ad views per day anymore, either.

#21 ·
Burrito Bandito said:
If he was making $100 Grand, I would have mugged him and stole his wallet a long time ago :D
You and what army Johny???? :D :D

You can speak for me anytime... You've got my best interest at heart and that's always a good thing.

I'm just gonna go back to doing what I love.... Building profiles for ME!! ( and a couple hundred of my best friends!)

#22 ·
Army!!!!!?????? I'm a MARINE dude. You, now you would be what I would call a formidable objective for a guy of my size, soooooo, treachery and decite would be in order, but rest assured, I WOULD get the wallet.

Semper Fidelis - Always Faithful - Kinda fits the Bro's don't it!

#23 ·
PaulSwany said:
Burrito Bandito said:
If he was making $100 Grand, I would have mugged him and stole his wallet a long time ago :D
You and what army Johny???? :D :D

You can speak for me anytime... You've got my best interest at heart and that's always a good thing.

I'm just gonna go back to doing what I love.... Building profiles for ME!! ( and a couple hundred of my best friends!)
I hear ya Buuuuuuuuuuuuudy! :D :twisted:

And oh yeah, John! Semper Fi to you too Bud! Ooorah!

#24 ·
let's unite by putting in our signature on RCU in fat bold colored letters "We want the MoJo thread back"

copy this and paste into your signature on RCU (yep it looks small here but won't on RCU. You can see it my signature on RCU) :

We want the MoJo thread back

#25 ·
I tried to reply to ulf's mojo post, it was locked. I then posted asking if they were gonna delete and lock my build posts, as I have produced airplanes commercially. They moved the thread. then they moved ulf's thread.

So, I changed the signature on my 1000+ posts to read "I feel like austin powers, Dr. evil stole my mojo".

I think it stinks what they did to the mojo post. and it stinks that they are assasinating any objection to their behavior.

I say we develop this site. I would much rather make Billy a rich guy than the r/c universe admin.

I think sjwatkins hit the nail squarely on the head. somebody WHINED to them. A violation of our only rule. they must be found out and boycotted!! :p

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.