The Profile Brotherhood RC Forum banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Premium Member
712 Posts
I figured there was a ply block that got epoxied in the nose... I sent you some "Pear" hardwood blocks in the "box o shit" that I sent you. You'll have it this week, prolly Wed.

Sorry Man, I didn't mean to freak you out!.... :mrgreen:

·
Premium Member
712 Posts
I think the "Pear" will hold up better...it won't crush as bad as ply. I sent you a couple 12"x2" blocks. I'd rather use the hardwood for an engine this size.

The screw holes in the beam mounts are 10-32.

If you think the plywood will work, Im fine with it.

·
Premium Member
712 Posts
It's a 35cc MVVS gas engine. The new one that just came out is 40cc and weighs less. There's a retailer in Texas called Limitless Aero. MVVS made some of the Evolution engines for Horizon Hobbies. They no longer produce engines for Horizon as they've gone to China made Evolution's with the funny looking cylinder fins.

Even though its heavy, I'm thinking it will last, just like a "Wild Fred Built" airframe... :rockon:

Trying to shop small, limit my "China Made" caloric intake and support local talent and businesses like "Wild Fred"/WrongwayRC here in the Great State of Florida.

http://www.limitlessaero.com/mvvs-engines

·
Premium Member
712 Posts
Looks Great! I've got the pads for the engine mount done as well as the carburetor linkage. I'll send you the engine when the header/pipe gets here.

·
Premium Member
712 Posts
Wild Fred said:
did I use enough glue? I prefer to add blocking between tube and spar to xfer load in addition to the glue. lot of stress there.
Looks Great!

More load transfer... :mrgreen:

·
Premium Member
712 Posts
Wild Fred said:
cool! i'll probably screw it to ply doubler with a balsa spacer; servo pots won't wear that way!
I figured since the engine was porky you could stash it behind the ignition, under the wing, or add tail weight.... The cable's long enough.

·
Premium Member
712 Posts
Yep, he's dropping it all off at your house. Get in touch with him for anything you need.

The "Beam Mount" may help.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts