The Profile Brotherhood RC Forum banner

What tunes do the Bro's listen to......

19K views 308 replies 105 participants last post by  3dRookie 
#1 ·
For me, music is a big part of what I do.... I build with a large CD player facing my bench, and spend a lot of traveling time in the car with the CD player going as well.
I also know that Swany has had a big penchant lately for Alice In Chains, Matlok has been listenin' to all sorts of weird stuff, several Bros like Buffet, and Gator has a thing for unusual classic rock as well as hard-rockin' modern stuff.

So what does everyone listen to?

My answer-- lately I have been listening to the latest album from Saliva called Survival of the Sickest... After figuring out the words to about half the songs, I think its the perfect ProBro kinda music...

#2 ·
Well, here's what's in my truck at the moment:

Foo Fighters- One by One
Chevelle
Seether- Disclaimer
Steely Dan- Pretzel Logic
Joni Mitchell- Don Juans Reckless Daughter
ZZ Top- Deguelo (sp?)
Evanessence
Red Hot Chili Peppers- What Hits?

Personally the Chili Peppers seem like a Bro kind of band to me!

#3 ·
Everything.

Jammin mood:
VanHalen, ZZ Top, etc. but I also like REM, U2 and Bruce

Driving and building music:
Sinatra, Sammy, Dean Martin, Harry Connick Jr. and WWII big band stuff. Love that WWII big band stuff.

I'm probably the only Bro with that mix.

#8 ·
From Classic Rock to Country. Buffet and Kenney Chesney (the new Buffet) are the first CDs I go for.

I also like a lot of upbeat clasical and some Big Band stuff, but I use the Radio, don't have any CDs.

BUT I'll listen to anything if I can hear the words, and I WON'T LISTEN TO RAP!!!!!!!!!

#9 ·
Bizzaro Bill said:
BLUES..
Buddy Guy
Guitar Shorty
Stevie Ray Vaughan Just to name a few...

Classic Rock to...
Stevie Ray, too much talent to have left us so early, man could that guy play. Seeing him live with BB King is one of the geatest memories I have.

#11 ·
bonedaddy, it sounds like I could ride with you any day! :D

I also like
Seether
Creed
Ted Nugent
Kiss
Lynrd Skynrd (I am a southern man, after all!)
Disturbed

It blows my son's and their friend's minds that I listen to the same music that they listen to! Old? Who's getting old!

#14 ·
Well, when I'm building I like to break out the heavyweight vibes..

Britney Spears, Avril Lavigne, Atomic Kitten, Tatu -- err - oh, no, that's not the right list :)

Some Uriah Heap, Led Zeplin, Moody Blues, Beatles, Black Sabath, and heaps of other cool stuff from the 70s and 80s along with a bit of AC/DC and perhaps a bit of Bach or Beethoven thrown in for a change.

Anything but Country and Western or Country Rock (shudder!)

#15 ·
Well, I must say I like the classics too. Such as Lynyrd Skynyrd, 38 special, AC/DC (got every song they ever recorded, even some very rare stuff) , Nazareth, Cheap Trick,Great White. Even listen to Tim Weber (an aerobatic pilot that is also a musican www.timweber-airshows.com ). Im I the only one that listens to music while I fly???

G

#18 ·
Gordo said:
I'm not gonna name names, but I am NOT the only Bro I know who listens to country............ :?

But when we fly, Bill and I listen to the local Classic Rock station. Just seems natural.
Yeah, I remember Bill playing a medley of Country and NASCAR. Made me hanker fer sum possum n' grits!

#20 ·
ChuckAuger said:
Gordo said:
I'm not gonna name names, but I am NOT the only Bro I know who listens to country............ :?

But when we fly, Bill and I listen to the local Classic Rock station. Just seems natural.
Yeah, I remember Bill playing a medley of Country and NASCAR. Made me hanker fer sum possum n' grits!
Actually, I didn't even mean Bill, I think his Daughter puts on the country more than he does.

#22 ·
I go for a pretty broad base as well, from the old (real!) rock, to the popular bubble gum rock, to blues, to jazz, but I gotta tell ya, I like my country to, from the old hank to his son, waylon, willie, up to the modern Kenny/Toby/Alan stuff. I've got more rock CD's than anything, but listen to country more on the radio. Only thing I can't handle is the heavy rap and some of the current club/kiddy pop. Like changing it up, get's boring listening to one type.

#24 ·
I like a broad base of rock, from Metal to classic to punk to alternative.
I also like a bit of blues now and then but have to pass on the rap and most country.
Above my building board, an old solid core door, I have Rush, Nugent, Kiss, NIN, Floyd, AC/DC, Naz, and Sammy cd's. They seem to keep the blood flowing and the ideas coming along.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.