The Profile Brotherhood RC Forum banner
16561 - 16572 of 16572 Posts

· Registered
12,709 Posts
Looking good! I bet that will fly awesome!!

· Registered
249 Posts
My latest, DougG 46” UL Slick, a replacement for the one I lost at Nash. Same Torq servos and VH motor on 4s. The scheme wasn’t to my liking when I first started it. I just kept ironing pieces on until I did. Really like it now, it really pops. My only suggestion for changes in the design would be to increase the elevator to rudder clearance slightly. Mine hit on both of my builds so I went with a smaller than normal size horn on the rudder.

VinceL, I have a question on the build. When it comes to building the wing. with the spars going through the fuse, did you build the wing right on the fuse? or did you build the wing and then slide the fuse parts inside. I can't get my brain around the idea of building the wing up off the table with the spars already going though fuse.
I hope my question made sense I am having trouble wrapping my head around how this plane goes together.
Thanks Mike,

· Registered
591 Posts
+1. Build the wing separate. I find it helpful to glue the center ribs last in order to test fit the tube and make adjustments if necessary. Also, the plans that come with the kit didn’t include the LE sheeting measurement. I used this from the scratch build plans to make it easier 👌
Font Parallel Rectangle Slope Triangle

· Registered
710 Posts
Build the wing and fuse entirely separately then combine at final assembly after covering. Look at other build threads for profiles where the tube goes through the wing, this one is built no differently.

· Registered
710 Posts
I find it helpful to glue the center ribs last in order to test fit the tube and make adjustments if necessary.
That's interesting, I do the exact opposite. I want the center ribs in first so I can clamp the leading edge of it tight to the motor mount while building. This helps me get it to fit as tight as possible. It's easy for me to get a wider than I like gap due to not getting the sub spars or leading edge sheeting just right.

· Registered
249 Posts
Build the wing and fuse entirely separately then combine at final assembly after covering. Look at other build threads for profiles where the tube goes through the wing, this one is built no differently.
Thanks Vince, I must be building a different slab. This kit the fuse CF tube goes right through the area for the wing and there is no wing tube. I have built about 2 dozen slabs over the years, but have never come across one like this.

· Registered
75 Posts
That's basically typical bro slab construction like they're talking about. You're gonna build the wing, fuse, and motor mount separately, then slide the fuse tube through the wing. The landing gear section may complicate it slightly on that one, not sure

· Registered
2,661 Posts
This should help.

16561 - 16572 of 16572 Posts