The Profile Brotherhood RC Forum banner
16541 - 16560 of 16572 Posts

· Registered
Joined
·
591 Posts
Mike, I’m using Potenza DS15 servos. Originally designed for the flex innovations Extra QQ and Mamba 10. I also used these servos in my Stix 41 scratch build with outstanding results so I’m hoping for the same with the Slick 46.

I haven’t pulled the trigger on the motor yet but I’m thinking the Bad Ass 2820 1350kv is probably what I will go with for a 3s set up. Looks like you can push it up to about 700 watts
 

· Registered
Joined
·
249 Posts
Mike, I’m using Potenza DS15 servos. Originally designed for the flex innovations Extra QQ and Mamba 10. I also used these servos in my Stix 41 scratch build with outstanding results so I’m hoping for the same with the Slick 46.

I haven’t pulled the trigger on the motor yet but I’m thinking the Bad Ass 2820 1350kv is probably what I will go with for a 3s set up. Looks like you can push it up to about 700 watts
those servos look good. I was thinking of something with a little more torque like the Savox-0256, or the HItec HS-225.

Thanks for the ideas Mike,
,
 

· Registered
Joined
·
823 Posts
I've been doing some repairs to the AJ Raven lately. It started with adding a hole in the cowl to be able to adjust the needles when I discovered my muffler had come loose.

I got some B-12 to clean up the grease off the motor and muffler before I redid everything. This time around I was a bit more liberal with the Hondabond.

Everything is hooked back up minus the hall sensor to the ignition module and I just need to get some more heatshrink.

I still need to fix the wheel pants too but I can always take those off to fly and do some tuning on the motor.
 

Attachments

· Registered
Joined
·
823 Posts
This is hopefully the last modifications to the Raven so I can move onto other projects.

I forgot that you don't put velcro onto foam rubber for things you want to remove frequently. The foam rubber tears easily and you end up regluing everything back down.

So the fix that I've done in the past is to make some lite ply mounts that the velcro goes onto. For this application I went down to 1/4" foam rubber and then I have double sided foam tape between the battery and the foam rubber and then again between the foam rubber and the lite ply. There's enough vibration dapening between the foam rubber and the velcro that not having 1/2" should be fine.

This should make removing my batteries and installing them much easier.
 

Attachments

· Registered
Joined
·
12,709 Posts
I got the covering work done on my Gen 2 Mojo ARF.
Glow gear holes filled. Motor mount area enlarged for E. Swervo bays moved forward and reinforced with 1/32 ply. Replaced black canopy with "Goo" style one.
Aircraft Electric blue Monoplane Couch Wing
 

· Registered
Joined
·
710 Posts
My latest, DougG 46” UL Slick, a replacement for the one I lost at Nash. Same Torq servos and VH motor on 4s. The scheme wasn’t to my liking when I first started it. I just kept ironing pieces on until I did. Really like it now, it really pops. My only suggestion for changes in the design would be to increase the elevator to rudder clearance slightly. Mine hit on both of my builds so I went with a smaller than normal size horn on the rudder.
Hood Motor vehicle Automotive design Table Engineering
 
16541 - 16560 of 16572 Posts
Top