The Profile Brotherhood RC Forum banner
16421 - 16440 of 16446 Posts

·
Registered
780 Posts
You’ll have slack on one of them. If you take out all slack from both sides at full deflection you’ll have too much tension at neutral.
Yeah I did all of my adjustments with the servo centered. On my first gasser 16 years ago I kept trying to tighten the cables and acutally pulled the servo drive spline back lol.

Now I just tighten until the play in the rudder matches the servo and I don't get any "guitar hums" when I pluck the cable.

·
Registered
12,605 Posts
Very cool! The guy that taught me to fly had one, then later I had one. Good sport plane!!

·
Registered
780 Posts
Fuel tank and choke bellcrank have been installed in the Raven. I also attached the engine to the standoffs with some blue loctite. Now that the choke and throttle should be clear of the tank, I'll get the cowling setup after I wrap up the throttle servo setup in the transmitter.

Attachments

·
Registered
7,185 Posts
Closed on our new house last Friday so I get to start a new shop build. Property has 3 sheds on in. Ultimate end goal will be to tear down the largest one and put up a nice garage there but that is a few years away. So for now the middle building is dedicated to just holding lawn equipment. Farthest one away in the picture will have most of my most wood working stuff as well as just general wood and shop storage stuff. It's roughly 10x15. Closest one with the black door is 15x20 and will be the primary shop for now. All the wood paneling will get removed and probably re insulate the building as water had gotten into it at one point so I want to remove any potential mold or mildew hazards. Plus that wood paneling is hideous. New LED lights for inside are also already on order.
Plant Tree Window Natural landscape Land lot
Window Wood Interior design Flooring House

·
Registered
238 Posts
Sweet, I went from 28 acres, a 30’x60’ pole barn, 2 car garage, and a man cave basement to a ranch on a slab after I retired. To old to take care of the farm. Yes, I’m jealous! Congrats!

·
Registered
3,043 Posts
😀Lots of room to grow Balsadust,dont forget to add leantos,for the extra stuff that happens. Gregoryda, one never knows what life gives us,i do understand,cant get up on my tractor now,did not see that coming. Yep,old home place is getting big now,but its been good to a hole bunch of folks threw the years.🤠

·
Registered
7,185 Posts
😀Lots of room to grow Balsadust,dont forget to add leantos,for the extra stuff that happens. Gregoryda, one never knows what life gives us,i do understand,cant get up on my tractor now,did not see that coming. Yep,old home place is getting big now,but its been good to a hole bunch of folks threw the years.🤠
No need for a lean to. Maybe currently but the end goal is roughly a 20x40 shop that would house everything.

·
Registered
3,043 Posts
I just be a pack rat,still got jeeps i had in 80s,no hope for me. OR i be running out before i get done with all this stuff,at least planes are some what small,easyer to store. Nice place you have,with space to grow,city life just to tight,now if i could just fly between the trees like WP,all would be good.😁

·
Registered
12,605 Posts
Very nice BalsaDust (y)

·
Registered
780 Posts
The club had a meeting this morning but I had an appointment at 11 so no flying. I got to see the very nice Vixen 2 in person before I left though.

This evening I worked on getting the cowling of the AJ Raven mounted and then I also worked connecting, protecting, and securing the wiring.

I'm actually feeling like it's getting close but then I also discovered that I need to move the tank forward another 1/2" due to a former on the canopy. I may cut the cross pieces but then I would need to build a reinforcement that would add weight. Or I may look into using the tank the plane came with.

Attachments

·
Registered
780 Posts
Thanks Spark! There is a support piece in the canopy that is coming into contact with the fill and vent on the tank. I think I'm just going to cut the cross piece out and then take some 1/4" triangle stock to run across the support in the canopy. Shouldn't add any noticable weight and I can leave the tank I'm using in.

Tonight I installed half of the ignition kill. I also cut the hole for the on/off indicator light and glued it in.

Attachments

·
Registered
7,185 Posts
Vehicle Wheel Tire Aircraft Road surface

Toy airplane Aircraft Toy Vehicle Airplane

Toy Vehicle Aircraft Airplane Monoplane

Wood Office supplies Office equipment Paper towel Shelving

The airplane fairy stopped by my house last night.

Reactions: ben_beyer

·
Registered
2,661 Posts
65" Legacy Duster? I've always wanted to try one of those :)

16421 - 16440 of 16446 Posts