·
Registered
12,556 Posts
That looks great. Nice work.

Reactions: ben_beyer

·
Registered
771 Posts
I started using Permatex Ultra Copper on my muffler bolts. Never had one come loose since then.
I've done that but just found the 272 was easier to break free and then clean up the threads.

The elevator halves and the joiner are all glued up and I also glued on the rudder control horns.

Attachments

·
Registered
20,128 Posts
Rebuilding an OG 94” AJ laser for bro BLewis from the wing tube forward. Needs a motor box and firewall but it’s all one big puzzle piece so it all has to go to be replaced.
Table Wood Vehicle Floor Aircraft

Toy airplane Aircraft Vehicle Airplane Monoplane

·
Registered
492 Posts
Those AJ lazers fly amazing! What power plant is he using? Got a pull on my my friends 110cc and couldn’t believe how great it flew!

Making some slow headway on the Stix27. This is the toughest build I’ve attempted mainly because using micro lite covering. This stuff isn’t easy to work with but it’s going. I did figure out doing it inside with AC helps a lot. The shit tacks to itself in the Virginia summer heat as soon as you peel the backing- The weight as of now with the two wing servos installed is 3.7oz
Wheel Triangle Creative arts Wing Art

·
Registered
12,556 Posts
Wow! Nice work on the Stix 27!!

Cool report on the Laser too Woodpilot (y) (y)

·
Registered
771 Posts
The elevator linkage is done and I also started sealing the hinge gap with some Blenderm. However I was not able to finish since my roll ran out and I came up about 3 inches short.

So now I am looking at buying from Amain or Amazon since it doesn't appear to be available locally.

Attachments

·
Registered
20,128 Posts
I just always used covering or packing tape to seal gaps. Im surprised they aren’t presealed. EF and SW and Pilot are.

·
Registered
220 Posts
The hinges had to be glued. I had to seal the gaps on my EF planes in the past too.
I use a flexible med tape from Wally World. It’s like Blemderm, but not totally smooth, a bit of a pattern to it. Works fine and it was cheap and available. Robot or human?

16401 - 16413 of 16413 Posts