Looking great Vince!!!

·
Registered
8,450 Posts
Looks good Vince! Let me know when you get tired of it! LOL

·
Registered
762 Posts
I started on the servo mount for the throttle in the AJ Raven a few weeks ago and finally had the time to finish it up today.

I'm using a thin piece of light ply and there are some thicker pieces on the back side for the servo screws to bite in to. Since 3 of the 4 edges have contact with the frame for the fuselage, I didn't do any other reinforcement. I'm currently waiting on the 30 minute epoxy to cure.

Attachments

·
Registered
762 Posts
Minus putting the ball link on the end of the pushrod for the throttle on the AJ Raven and minor adjustments, it is finally done. The biggest problem was figuring how what bend in the pushrod was needed once it was past the firewall. Next up will be the choke connection.

I'm also the owner of a Flex Innovations CAP 232 now. But it's going to have to wait until I finish the Raven and maybe also the Skeeter 40.

Attachments

·
Registered
7,143 Posts
Is that the new trim scheme for the Cap?

·
Registered
762 Posts
I didn't have time to post this yesterday evening but I have the choke pushrod and bellcrank just about ready. I need to put another ball link on the servo horn and I'll go ahead and mount the cowling before I do the final engine install along with getting the muffler Honda bonded and cutting the cowl for the muffler.

Attachments

·
Registered
12,514 Posts
Nice! That's cool!!!

Reactions: Heinz57

·
Registered
458 Posts
P15 in the bones 😛 stick built the fuse instead of cutting holes in a 1/4 balsa sheet like the plans called for. Used a carbon arrow shaft for the tube. Love the slick 35. Hopefully this will fly almost as good. Would really like to find plans for a slide 37 or Eyak one day 🤟
Light Wood Hardwood Composite material Wood stain

Wood Wood stain Flooring Hardwood Varnish

·
Registered
12,514 Posts
That looks great! Also looks like it is going to come out super light!!

·
Registered
458 Posts
Rectangle Wood Creative arts Floor Flooring

Thanks fellas! Really appreciate it! The P-15 is getting closer- just need to cover and hinge the Ron’s and put a little trim on it. Right now I’m sitting at 7oz as it sits in the picture. No electronics. This has been a fun little build for sure!

16341 - 16354 of 16354 Posts