The Profile Brotherhood RC Forum banner
16281 - 16300 of 16317 Posts

·
Registered
2,580 Posts
Will do. I got the Timber X to satisfy my appetite for something to putter around with, but I just don't much like the way it flies. Was watching a video of a Lazy bee where the guy rarely got over a foot off the ground flying figure 8s with touch n go's at walking speed or less. Looked like a load of fun. The build seems a little involved with the laminates curved pieces and the weird wingtips but maybe those things could be updated with some more CNC parts.
I agree with your assesment of the Timber X. It was neat but didn't fly nearly as good as I was expecting it to.
I pretty much hate mine, but it does do good poptops. Mo's big Lazy Bee with ailevators is a hoot! I only got to fly it once, and am not sure it needs that--he'd have to weigh in on that--but they are fun planes. :)

·
Registered
7,066 Posts
Progress being made on the crack turbo beaver. Neat little airplane to put together.
Toy airplane Aircraft Airplane Aerospace manufacturer Model aircraft

Hand Automotive tire Human body Sleeve Finger

Toy Office supplies Musical instrument Engineering Air gun

·
Registered
12,413 Posts
Looking good.
I've been flying mine for many years.
I had a dumb idea when I built mine to strap the battery to 1 of the gear legs..
The resulting offset lateral balance was NOT good for the planes flying qualities.
I corrected that with the battery hole square in the middle of the fuse as suggested and then it flew great.

·
Registered
7,066 Posts
Yeah I plan to cut the hole in the fuse to mount the battery as suggested in the build video.

·
Registered
6,185 Posts
I bought a used Beaver that was built with WAY WAY too much hot glue. I literally used a hot glue gun to scrape off over 1 ounce of excess hot glue. Then the Beaver flew much better! So make an effort to keep yours light so it's fun to fly.

·
Registered
7,066 Posts
All RTF. Amazing little kit to put together. Dave I used the Foam Tac that they sell. Only thing got glue was used for was to hold the ESC in place and a small dot on the linkage stoppers to keep the screw from backing out. RTF weight came in at 8.3 ounces which I think is fairly good. It started off closer to 9 ounces but I decades my RX and pulled the Velcro off of the battery. Now I need to assemble the floats I have for it.
Toy Toy airplane Aircraft Airplane Model aircraft

Cloud Gadget Audio equipment Font Gas

Attachments

·
Registered
6,185 Posts
Mine is 9.0 ounces without the battery, and 10.0 ounces with a 3S 600 lipo. So yours should fly MUCH better! Congrats!

·
Registered
7,066 Posts
Mine is 9.0 ounces without the battery, and 10.0 ounces with a 3S 600 lipo. So yours should fly MUCH better! Congrats!
wow they really did use a lot of hot glue on yours. Mine even with the floats will still end up under 10 ounces.

·
Registered
7,066 Posts
Ouch,to much wind i guess. It helps if get 3 or 4 flights before bump ups.
Your not flying hard enough if it takes 3-4 flights for the first dork.

·
Registered
2,698 Posts
I do hate breaking my toys,did not have many when young,i think it carees over forever. Flying low is so hard,mind thinking lower,be like straightup,fingers pulling back on there own,saying you ant that good,save that plane. lol

·
Registered
2,698 Posts
Got the fuselage mostly done on mojo60. And drew patterns of cut parts for mojo. Found a piece not cut,took a bit to find that out,and missing one cut part,but i can make it. Over all Sams kit was good. The mojo 65 should be called mojo75,big jump between them. Bet there was other builds going on. H K got 25cent off on 250.00 orders right now. Saw a rtg 26 there,i think it was,walbro carb on front,any one tried one. And no one flew again,unlike BalsaDust,who told the truth. lol

·
Registered
2,698 Posts
For the guys who have no kits. Looking around i found laser usa,a kit cutter that will burn a kit from your planes,i know nothing,but wonder if they might be a help.

·
Registered
2,694 Posts

·
Registered
2,698 Posts
I think so,but now that you bring it up,will do some testing on scraps. Am i the first to build one of sams kits. ginny plug,o hittttts

·
Registered
7,066 Posts
Just lightly sand anywhere you need to glue first to get the charring off.

16281 - 16300 of 16317 Posts