The Profile Brotherhood RC Forum banner
16261 - 16280 of 16317 Posts

·
Registered
7,066 Posts
Picked up something new to play with today. Should be loads of fun.
Aircraft Toy Toy airplane Airplane Monoplane

·
Registered
2,698 Posts
Need some thoughts,even a drawing be nice. Think i will build a mojo 60 from sams kits. Would like a removable tail WF type. How to make the joint strong,easy to screw on and be a break point also. Got a 20cc vvrc,from reading it seems to build with as much weight to the front,they tend to be tail heavy. Any thoughts will be a help and wellcome. And,should i sheet the tail,alum on engine mount. I know,but whats been found lately to work best. Heinze 57 got one,but he dont fly no more.lol

·
Registered
7,066 Posts
Why do you want a removable tail?

·
Registered
7,066 Posts
Motor and ESC installed. Went with what I had on hand which is a Eflite BL15 850KV and 40amp ESC. Both came out of a crashed Eflite Pitts S1 that weighed more than this so it should work just fine. Will have to sell some stuff to afford servo's for it. It takes a smaller framed servo than their old 48" birds did.

Aircraft Toy Vehicle Airplane Monoplane

Attachments

·
Registered
7,066 Posts
That looks nice Chris!
Thanks. It's my first Extreme Flight plane and let me say the engineering they put into their stuff is incredible. To think this is a 48" span full fuse plane that can be ready to fly at around 48 ounces is amazing. And its all back up by the amount of violence they can endure in the air.

·
Registered
2,698 Posts
That new plane do look good BalsaDust. Having a removable tail on a large plane makes moving so much easier,while keeping the strength of 1 piece wing. Thats what i be thinking,but i be open minded.

·
Registered
6,185 Posts
Ben, whatever you did differently this time, it worked! I can see the three photos in your last post.

·
Registered
2,583 Posts
Thanks. It's my first Extreme Flight plane and let me say the engineering they put into their stuff is incredible. To think this is a 48" span full fuse plane that can be ready to fly at around 48 ounces is amazing. And its all back up by the amount of violence they can endure in the air.
I really like the Precision Aerobatics airplanes. I have a Addiction X that is flying and have a Katana 52 still in the box. They are very light and strong.

·
Registered
2,698 Posts
I think Bens liking that new shop,lots of stuff on walls,makes me feel at home. I gave up putting stuff so i can find it,now i put it in boxes with like stuff,need it,dig a bit. Find stuff i forgot about all the time. lol....

·
Registered
7,066 Posts
I really like the Precision Aerobatics airplanes. I have a Addiction X that is flying and have a Katana 52 still in the box. They are very light and strong.

I have flown a couple of PA's planes and they do fly nice. Actually the guy I got this Edge from used to own the ones I flew. He liked them for how well they flew but said of the 3 different PA planes he owned not a single one did he not have to modify stock parts as the fit and finish just wasn't there. Even with that said I want their Extra 260 and the XR61T.

·
Registered
741 Posts
I think Bens liking that new shop,lots of stuff on walls,makes me feel at home. I gave up putting stuff so i can find it,now i put it in boxes with like stuff,need it,dig a bit. Find stuff i forgot about all the time. lol....
Yep!

And I got a side project I started on last night. I'm hoping to have it flying by Saturday so I can maiden it after the club meeting in the morning.

Attachments

·
Registered
5,333 Posts
Thinking about building a Lazy Bee. Not sure what size yet. Probably something that can use the 4S 3300 packs I have for the Timber X What would be a good motor for it that won't break the bank?

I have the plans for the 40-48" one and also the Big Lazy Bee, but the kits aren't that expensive so it might be easier to just get one of those....

·
Registered
5,333 Posts
Will do. I got the Timber X to satisfy my appetite for something to putter around with, but I just don't much like the way it flies. Was watching a video of a Lazy bee where the guy rarely got over a foot off the ground flying figure 8s with touch n go's at walking speed or less. Looked like a load of fun. The build seems a little involved with the laminates curved pieces and the weird wingtips but maybe those things could be updated with some more CNC parts.

·
Registered
7,066 Posts
I agree with your assesment of the Timber X. It was neat but didn't fly nearly as good as I was expecting it to.

·
Registered
5,512 Posts
Lazy bees/ speedy bees are fun planes. Don't let the laminating scare you, is simple with a foam board pattern. My Big B night flyer was heavy as it was built in the early days before leds became common. Grain of wheat bulbs with multiple batts. Looked good at night though.

Speedy bee was fun with a OS 26.
Sports equipment Toy Surfboard Skateboard Vehicle
Vehicle Aircraft Airplane Monoplane Automotive lighting

16261 - 16280 of 16317 Posts