The Profile Brotherhood RC Forum banner
16221 - 16240 of 16245 Posts

·
Registered
7,018 Posts
Thars got to be a rocket,at part throttle.

See my video here of The Big Tiddy that I designed and built. it was 13-1/2 pounds with a DLE 55 on the nose.

·
Registered
732 Posts
I've been working on moving stuff from the Home Office and Garage out to the Workshop. I have just about everything except my desk and some stuff on one side of the closet in the Home Office. The plan for tomorrow is to get the desk moved which is doable.

To make some space for moving stuff, I put up some shelves tonight and a DuBro Wing-N-Fuse rack for my trainer/test bed.

Everything is fluid right now for the most part so the items I put up on the wall shelf may get moved around as I get some things unpacked and arranged. I'm thinking about using the lower shelf to store batteries and my PowerLab on but we will see.

Attachments

·
Registered
654 Posts
Plant Outdoor furniture Outdoor table Wood Grass
My Windhammer build. Pretty much done with the frame up. I need to get the stuffings ordered. I’m still a bit hesitant to go with a 20cc engine. I’m sure it would be fine for some but I don’t think there’s going to any Brover power with a 20. I’m considering a VV26.

·
Registered
2,656 Posts
View attachment 145281 My Windhammer build. Pretty much done with the frame up. I need to get the stuffings ordered. I’m still a bit hesitant to go with a 20cc engine. I’m sure it would be fine for some but I don’t think there’s going to any Brover power with a 20. I’m considering a VV26.
Is this the rip off kit of the mojo 65???
The dude got permission from paul or something like that????

·
Registered
2,656 Posts
Dle35😎

·
Registered
654 Posts
Is this the rip off kit of the mojo 65???
The dude got permission from paul or something like that????
I won't get into the rip off aspect but yes, it's a remake of the Mojo 65. It is significantly redesigned. Carolina Custom Kits is putting them out. In my opinion he got entirely too "cute" with it. Although the wing is a bit of a PITA to build with the little stub wing center section I sorta like the concept. It makes a nice, easy spot to put the battery, receiver, etc and have just a minimum of wiring to fuss with when attaching the wings. I don't care for what he did with the fuselage. Although it's definitely still a slab he tried to purdy it up with some shape to the fuselage structure, it's fatter around the tubes than it is at the top and bottom. I think it would have been a lot easier and just as good looking to leave it completely flat. There's a lot to think about with the covering and this fuselage shape that is going to be barely noticeable unless one knows to look for it.

Maybe I should consider a 30-ish cc engine. Are there any that are beam mounted? I hate the idea of cutting the nose to fit the backplate mounted versions but maybe that's what I should do???

·
Registered
732 Posts
Blinds installed which seemed to help to even out the temperature in the Workshop, Pegboard mounted, Workbench moved, and the storage drawers were moved today.

Before I really move anything else, I need to get some boxes emptied. I worked on that a little bit tonight as well but I need to get most of the rest of the stuff organized too and also get the sheets of wood leftover trimmed up to store behind my Workbench or in the garage.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,474 Posts
To neat,go ahead and make them large shelves,going to need them,we all do. lol I gave up,use large boxes on shelves to store stuff.

·
Registered
5,308 Posts
So I thought I scored a Kadet Senior kit yesterday at the field. Guy came out with a bunch of boxes of stuff and said we could take what we wanted. He wasn't sure if it was complete or not, but I figured I'd get it anyway. When I got home I opened it up and it definitely wasn't complete. No hardware, no fuse plans or instructions, and it looks like some balsa missing too. Fortunately he also gave me 4 boxes of balsa which should have the rest of what I need in it. Want to go electric and add ailerons and make it a taildragger. Anyone done this and have any info on how you did the ailerons?

·
Registered
654 Posts
So I thought I scored a Kadet Senior kit yesterday at the field. Guy came out with a bunch of boxes of stuff and said we could take what we wanted. He wasn't sure if it was complete or not, but I figured I'd get it anyway. When I got home I opened it up and it definitely wasn't complete. No hardware, no fuse plans or instructions, and it looks like some balsa missing too. Fortunately he also gave me 4 boxes of balsa which should have the rest of what I need in it. Want to go electric and add ailerons and make it a taildragger. Anyone done this and have any info on how you did the ailerons?
I built mine last fall and have flown it all summer. It‘s nearly exactly what you’re describing. Mine has zero dihedral and is 4s electric. Everyone who sees it fly can’t believe it’s a Kadet. Does rolling circles the easiest of about anything I’ve flown. Most non-3D aerobat are a breeze. Plenty of power for all but 3D stuff, probably would need 6s for that but that’s not what I fly this for. It also has a bazillion LEDS for night flying. I think my ailerons extend up to a sub-spar fwd of the trailing edge. I can measure if you like. They're very effective. I like it so much I have another kit to build at some point. Changes for the next one: steerable tail wheel, not get the ailerons so close to the fuse- rubber bands can slide in the gap easily on this one, maybe bolt on wing, maybe bigger rudder although the stock one works well enough for extended knife edge, not shorten the nose as much, mine needs 6000 mah packs to balance. Next one will have an aluminum gear like the ARF version, ordered it from Sig.
Aircraft Airplane Vehicle Toy Monoplane
Asphalt People in nature Sunlight Aircraft Road surface

·
Registered
732 Posts
I put up another shelf tonight. This one is 6' wide and I have a couple kits, couple foamies, scrap balsa, and lite ply on it.

I'm probably going to take the support bracket I have left and use it to support the 4' shelves I have left and change out the 2 of the 3 footers above my desk.

The positive is getting the balsa scraps and lite ply off of my workbench to where I can start thinking about getting something on there to build.

Attachments

·
Registered
14,020 Posts
Mine is getting 4” ailerons and flaps as per Bob Scheppele’s directions. Flaps will be mixed to work as full span ailerons.
Tail is definitely very different from stock, and a lot bigger.

·
Registered
5,308 Posts
Cool. Thanks guys. Still debating on whether it's worth it to start the build since so many of the parts are missing. Haven't gone through the list to see what all needs replacing yet. At the very least I'll need plans since the only plans in the box is the wing sheet, and the stab has been cut out of it so I don't have any of the tail surfaces either. Got a bunch of irons in the fire and am trying to decide which build to do next. Need to rework the Probolto to make it flyable on the 35 also. The 55 is a blast on it, but is just too much power, if there is such a thing. Never need over 1/4 throttle.

·
Registered
2,558 Posts
I built mine last fall and have flown it all summer. It‘s nearly exactly what you’re describing. Mine has zero dihedral and is 4s electric. Everyone who sees it fly can’t believe it’s a Kadet. Does rolling circles the easiest of about anything I’ve flown. Most non-3D aerobat are a breeze. Plenty of power for all but 3D stuff, probably would need 6s for that but that’s not what I fly this for. It also has a bazillion LEDS for night flying. I think my ailerons extend up to a sub-spar fwd of the trailing edge. I can measure if you like. They're very effective. I like it so much I have another kit to build at some point. Changes for the next one: steerable tail wheel, not get the ailerons so close to the fuse- rubber bands can slide in the gap easily on this one, maybe bolt on wing, maybe bigger rudder although the stock one works well enough for extended knife edge, not shorten the nose as much, mine needs 6000 mah packs to balance. Next one will have an aluminum gear like the ARF version, ordered it from Sig.
. View attachment 145307 View attachment 145308
Love the clear covering and wing structure!

·
Registered
7,018 Posts
Burned four packs in the UMX timber during my lunch break yesterday at the on-site park at work. Wild to see in the bottom left that I have almost 9 hours flying time with this plane. Get home and the little girl wants to see it fly. Made her day letting her carry it back to the house afterwards. She kept asking to fly it so I’m thinking I need to find my trainer cable and start buddy boxing her.
Ecoregion Land lot Agriculture Grassland Slope

Font Material property Gauge Auto part Technology

Plant People in nature Grass Toddler Happy

·
Registered
12,341 Posts
Very nice!! Looks fun!!

16221 - 16240 of 16245 Posts