The Profile Brotherhood RC Forum banner
16201 - 16220 of 16245 Posts

·
Registered
732 Posts
Picture of the current status. I have enough to do 2 coats, which should yield good results.

Much appreciation on the congratulations. Mother and daughter are all doing fine.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,928 Posts
I got most everything taped up yesterday and put a little bit of paint down just to say I started. I had planned to really get rolling with it today but then my daughter was born at 6:12 this morning.

So it may become a piece meal process to get everything wrapped up.
Congrats!! 🎉🎊 There went all your spare time!! Soak up that baby love, she'll be 18 before ya know it!

·
Registered
12,341 Posts
Congrats Ben. They are your Legacy! Yes, time goes fast. My grand daughters will be 2 and 5 this November. So fun!!!!

·
Registered
5,308 Posts
Got the Probolto out again this morning. Really embarrassed I didn't check it sooner, but after fighting it a whole flight trying to get it to come back down, I checked and found that it is SEVERELY tailheavy. I'm talking two 4S 3300mah packs on the nose tailheavy. Thinking about just slapping the DLE55 on it and see what happens. I figure if I have to add weight, it may as well be useful. Plus, it would be pretty fun to have a 13lb plane with a 55 on it!

IF I build another Probolto, the wing will be moved back at least an inch and the tail servos moved a few inches forward. May just forget it all and do another Primo Grande. My buddy had my old one out today and watching it really made me miss it.

·
Registered
7,018 Posts
Got the Probolto out again this morning. Really embarrassed I didn't check it sooner, but after fighting it a whole flight trying to get it to come back down, I checked and found that it is SEVERELY tailheavy. I'm talking two 4S 3300mah packs on the nose tailheavy. Thinking about just slapping the DLE55 on it and see what happens. I figure if I have to add weight, it may as well be useful. Plus, it would be pretty fun to have a 13lb plane with a 55 on it!

IF I build another Probolto, the wing will be moved back at least an inch and the tail servos moved a few inches forward. May just forget it all and do another Primo Grande. My buddy had my old one out today and watching it really made me miss it.

Thats what made the Big Tiddy so much fun being a 13.5 lb plane with a dle 55 on the nose. Power for days.

·
Registered
7,018 Posts
Car Vehicle Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive lighting

Wood Flooring Hardwood Gas Lumber

Broke down and rebuilt a stack of lumber I had milled a couple years back. It now resides in my dads warehouse for a while since we are in the process of getting our house ready to sell. Also took some RC stuff. The Glider box and three other large boxes are all filled with balsa and birch ply.

·
Registered
5,495 Posts
Lookin' GOOD, Dude.:cool:

So what's on the bottom?

·
Registered
5,133 Posts
Basically 2 black stripes

·
Registered
5,133 Posts
Thanks.

·
Registered
7,018 Posts
It took forever, But my S Bach45 is finally done.
Motrolfly 3615 with a 570 KV.
Savox HV 1250s all the way around, at 7 volts.
Dude that scheme is kick ass. Pics saved for later reference.

·
Registered
3,928 Posts
It took forever, But my S Bach45 is finally done.
Motrolfly 3615 with a 570 KV.
Savox HV 1250s all the way around, at 7 volts.
Dude! That scheme is awesome! Very nice, now, some flight video!!

·
Registered
732 Posts
Other than taking care of some touch ups or adding a little to a few areas on the windows, I finished up the paint today. I was interested in some different flooring options but I think I'm just going to stick with the prepared floor in the building and get some anti-fatigue mats for a few spots.

Lastly, I moved some of my stuff out of our Home Office, which is to become my daughter's room, out to the shop to make some space in there and get that ball rolling. I also grabbed my Avistar because I might be needing it for a test bed for a new transmitter.

Attachments

·
Registered
5,308 Posts
Got the Probolto with the DLE55 out for a remaiden this morning. Three words:

Ho
Ly
Cow

Totally different plane. Amazing how well planes fly when balanced properly. Harriers are now a piece of cake. Hovers great, Rollers, spins, everything was smoother. KE had just a hair pull to the canopy going left to right, but none right to left. No tendency to tip stall at all, no matter how slow I was going.

Now for the power. If you've never had a 12.5lb plane with 30lbs thrust, you're missing out! lol. Mo can testify to this with his BME58 powered RadYak 67.

16201 - 16220 of 16245 Posts