The Profile Brotherhood RC Forum banner
16181 - 16193 of 16193 Posts

·
Registered
720 Posts
Since I had the 2 sheets of MDF, I worked on the walls this evening. This was mostly to see how it would work with the outlets.

The guy who installed the boxes didn't put them out far enough so I'm going to have to just cut out for them and be recessed. I think it will be fine and there's nothing I'm going to do about it now.

I'll get more MDF tomorrow and see what I can do to support one end while I install it for the ceiling.

Attachments

·
Registered
14,014 Posts
I’d remove the boxes and set them properly so they are flush with the MDF, it’ll look better.
You should be able to pry them off without braking them. Use a small piece of MDF to set them at the right depth.

·
Registered
5,289 Posts
Well, she's finally done and ready for the maiden. My main goal with this was to reduce weight and wing loading. My fusion 75 was a porker with a wing area of about 1250 sq in and 13lbs 2oz. With the Probolto, I increased the wing area to about 1550 and it comes in at a much lighter 11lbs 7oz. Pretty sure it will accomplish the goal of being a floater! If the weather holds, I am shooting for a maiden this evening. My daughter is making me a couple of logos for the wings to dress it up a bit.

If this one flies well, I will tweak the construction a little to make things easier to build and may release the plans.

Toy airplane Wood Wheel Aircraft Airplane

·
Registered
5,289 Posts
It flies! And quite well!

I must say I certainly achieved my goal of a low and slow floater. It will putter around at a click or so above idle just as stable as can be. But bang the sticks and it will eat its own tail. Hovers are easy. Rollers, which I suck at, are still pretty good. Had a little trouble harriering but I think it was due to the fact that it didn't want to quit flying, no matter how slow it got. Need to try some spoilerons, but didn't have time to set those up on the radio. Rudder wasn't quite as effective as the Fusion, but I could still do KE figures 8s.

Didn't get too crazy with it tonight because I was still a little unsure of the construction methods, but so far, everything is still solid. Have a few issues to work out though. First, I think there's a little down thrust in the engine as it wants to climb slightly with power off, Could also be a little tail heavy, though the inverted test required no elevator to stay level. Second, I need to tune the engine better. Had a burble in the midrange and wasn't turning up as well as it should.

Other than that, I'm happy with it. I'm sure the more I fly it the better it will get.

·
Registered
5,490 Posts
Congrats, Dude. Now get it dialed in and bring on the video.(y):cool:

·
Registered
720 Posts
After making a supply run, I rigged up an air filter for the AC unit. I checked the filter that came with the unit the other night and it was covered with fiberglass insulation particles. I cleaned it off but decided I needed to do something like it did in my previous Workshop where I cover up part of a store bought filter and then tape that onto the front of the unit to increase filtration.

After that I worked on the ceiling and lastly tonight replaced one of the MDF panels with the 1/4" OSB I was able to find. I didn't really like having to cut out the panel for plugs so I went looking and Lowes here had some. I'm going to stash away the MDF that I have in case I ever need it. I am also thinking about putting up the remainder of the insulation I have just to get it out of the way.

Attachments

·
Registered
720 Posts
I wrapped up the ceiling last night. I don't have very much time left before my daughter is born and so I found someone to come in and help out so most if not all of the walls should be finished up today too.

Attachments

·
Registered
720 Posts
Good help can be hard to find but the gentleman I hired to do the walls did a bang up job for a reasonable price. I'm glad I was able to get his contact information.

I got the shop vac out there tonight and did some cleaning up. I'll see about getting some caulk tomorrow and begin getting ready to paint.

Attachments

·
Registered
12,321 Posts
Nice work

16181 - 16193 of 16193 Posts