The Profile Brotherhood RC Forum banner
16161 - 16180 of 16193 Posts

·
Registered
6,110 Posts
Are you using a kill switch controlled by one of the servo channels from the receiver? If so, does it work correctly?

·
Registered
6,998 Posts
Are you using a kill switch controlled by one of the servo channels from the receiver? If so, does it work correctly?

What this guy said right here.

·
Registered
2,412 Posts
No,theres no switch. This was WF plane,with his frsky receiver. When i first set it up,on my radio,each time i turned off my radio,the light on plane went out. Then,being a good plug,i set the failsafe,now light stays on except,when i first plug up plane,no light till i turn on radio. After first time,light stays on when radio is turned off. Somehow,WF had it right,and he be missing in action right now. Thanks for trying to help,confused PLUG.:unsure:

·
Registered
6,998 Posts
No,theres no switch. This was WF plane,with his frsky receiver. When i first set it up,on my radio,each time i turned off my radio,the light on plane went out. Then,being a good plug,i set the failsafe,now light stays on except,when i first plug up plane,no light till i turn on radio. After first time,light stays on when radio is turned off. Somehow,WF had it right,and he be missing in action right now. Thanks for trying to help,confused PLUG.:unsure:

He wasn't asking if there was a kill switch on the plane rather having a kill switch setup on your radio. If you don't you should. Use an ignition kill circuit thats plugged up to a spare port on the RX. Program it to a switch to that turns it on an off. Especially with gas its nice to have when your priming the fuel system at the start of the day so it doens't try to pop back on you.

·
Registered
721 Posts
My guess is that the optical kill is plugged into the receiver, and tied to a switch like mentioned above. When programmed the failsafe you had the switch in the on position, so when you turn off the transmitter it stays on. Try reprogramming it with the ignition switch on your transmitter in the off position.

·
Registered
2,412 Posts
I think your close,i am using jr9303,dont know how or where you set up kill on it. But do know it worked before,with no extra switch. So,it has to be program in radio,did jr have such,i did not see it book. Someone knows the answer,keep trying guys. He had a newer radio,open t, but,i do have failsafe set,motor at idle.🤸‍♂️ love the i cons.

·
Registered
2,412 Posts
So, my dryer died,ok, quick trip to H D fix that. Well,seems they dont stock much,order them,3 weeks wait. I said,sell me showroom unit,cant. Much talking later,man went back,searched,found one way up high. WTF ,Now you wait three weeks to dry your stuff. Were has the U>S gone.

·
Registered
6,998 Posts
I think your close,i am using jr9303,dont know how or where you set up kill on it. But do know it worked before,with no extra switch. So,it has to be program in radio,did jr have such,i did not see it book. Someone knows the answer,keep trying guys. He had a newer radio,open t, but,i do have failsafe set,motor at idle.🤸‍♂️ love the i cons.

WTF dude it's not hard!!!!! Hopefully WildFred chimes in on what he originally installed in the plane as I assume he put an ignition kill switch in there. Simply put find the ignition kill switch (Follow the wires from the light you see as that is most likely part of it). Plug it into an empty channel of the RX. Pick a switch on your radio you want to use as the kill switch ( most use one of the two position ones but do how you want). Turn radio on. In your mixes program the switch you chose to the channel the ignition kill is plugged into. When switch is up have it at 100%. When down have it at 0%.

Pictures of different ignition kill switches provided. Many are used as a way to eliminate having a second battery onboard just for the ignition.

Vision care Automotive lighting Cable Bumper Eyewear
Tire Automotive lighting Circuit component Automotive tire Vehicle
Arthropod Amber Crab Decapoda Font

·
Registered
720 Posts
I made some progress on the ceiling in the workshop today. I needed to run some errands mainly related to the Auto Stop/Start feature in our minivan. Which still needs more diagnoses :arggg:

Anyways, I wanted to get further but I did get most of the supplies for the ceiling. I need to get the electrical boxes for the moving the lights, which I'll have to look for a source other than Home Depot and Lowes on Monday. Or pick them up on my way to Amarillo again next week.

I didn't get a picture of the final cross piece, but I did get one cut and to fit across the top of the walls in the workshop. Once I had that figured out, I wrote down the measurements and had to deal with getting kids fed, bathed, and into bed. After that I cut the rest of the 2x6 16' studs down to 152" to get them into the workshop and then I'll hopefully be able to get the angles that match the roof and everything cut tomorrow so they can be installed.

I also took the hose to the roof but I still haven't figured out where the water came in at. It doesn't look like it went over to the wall which was opened up for the AC unit. I had piece of wrapping from the wall insulation over the hole but I figured if that was the source of the water getting in, then it would be somewhat evident. Maybe I'll have to pour a cup of water by the AC unit and see where it goes.

Attachments

·
Registered
720 Posts
I had to watch my kids again this afternoon so I wasn't able to work on the workshop. I did some minor touch ups on the exterior and also spilled some water near the AC unit to see if the water would run to the wet spot but that wasn't the case. So for now I'll have to leave that area open until I can get an adequate test of the roof with a hose or we have some rain.

Below are pictures of the 2x6 I got installed yesterday and a marked up end of 2x6 so I don't forget what I did. The 2 perpendicular marks are at 3.5" and 6.5". The 6.5" is to get the correct angle to match the pitch of the roof and I cut off the end at the 3.5" mark.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,412 Posts
Thanks for your help on programing my radio for gas shut down. I got it done,had to move optic to no 5 in receiver, use no 2 gear channel in radio and switch to no 4 switch. I no,your lol,but to me was a lot of tic tic. Radio smart,plug not so much,but win i did. And a bit smarter,little bit that is.

·
Registered
16,992 Posts
Thanks for your help on programing my radio for gas shut down. I got it done,had to move optic to no 5 in receiver, use no 2 gear channel in radio and switch to no 4 switch. I no,your lol,but to me was a lot of tic tic. Radio smart,plug not so much,but win i did. And a bit smarter,little bit that is.
opto kill on that plane. was set to my gear switch. flip switch, light goes on, ignition is on. is by gear leg.

·
Registered
16,992 Posts
the battert is like a 1750. if it only doing 850, time to change it. it's a h.k. life. they got same one, fit same hole. you fire it up yet? might have to prime carb, the choke plate on them has a little hole so might not draw right away. pump carb should, but been sitting over a year. don't shoot gas where it'll hit the foam or she melts!

i'd syringe some gas into carb then spin w/ starter. always worked. worse case, get walbro kit but should work once any gumming flushes through.

·
Registered
2,412 Posts
Boy,where was you when i needed,oh,dead you was.lol That teach you to be spam. Went over plane,pulled engine,rebuilt carb,would have been ok,but i was there. Replaced batt,2100ma,1/2 oz more,why not. ME and 9303 went round and round,its smart,me not so much. But,i won,as you said,used gear channel,but i learned a bunch. Got 5 planes to test run and fly,if it will cool off. Your here cause no CJs,just a few great guys. And,ant it good to know you were missed,by many.

·
Registered
720 Posts
Good progress on the Workshop today.

I got all of the 2x6's for the ceiling cut and I just need to get some more deck screws to finish installing them.

On one side of the shop they are secured and I moved the lights down to their new location. From there I decided to try installing some of the radiant heat barrier, insulation, and plywood for the ceiling. Getting the plywood in place was the most difficult part and I may be returning the 5 unused sheets and going with something a bit thicker as I am having some issues with the wood tearing. Plus I'm not a big fan out how the edges seem to warp easily.

Attachments

·
Registered
720 Posts
Tonight I got the 520A's put on the 2x6 tonight and then moved one of them. I'll move the other one tomorrow night.

After that I worked on the radiant heat barrier, which is about 70% done. One piece was hanging down so I cut up some of the R-19 insulation for the ceiling and installed it. I decided to do one more section before calling it a night.

The game plan for tomorrow is to move the other light, finish installing the 2x6's, and hopefully finish up the radiant heat barrier. If I stall out somewhere and still have time, I'll get more insulation for the ceiling up.

I'm almost to the point where I can leave the AC running!

Attachments

·
Registered
720 Posts
Light moved, 2x6's are all installed, and the Radiant Heat barrier is 100% installed.

I walked in to turn on the AC after I got home from work today and it seemed like even have a portion of the building made for an improvement.

My goal for tomorrow is to see if I can get all of the ceiling insulation installed. The trick will be the end by the door since I will need to cut down the insulation to fit the gap.

Attachments

·
Registered
720 Posts
And now the Workshop is 100% insulated. I left the AC on tonight when I was done and that felt pretty good.

I'll see if I can start working on the walls tomorrow night and then do what I need to do to get the ceiling and more wall material put up over the weekend.

Attachments

16161 - 16180 of 16193 Posts