The Profile Brotherhood RC Forum banner

What are you building?

721K views 17K replies 272 participants last post by  McDDD 
First time poster, long time lurker. Used to hate profiles, building and even this site. Now I sold all but one fatty, bought a WWRC LAMSUK kit, and became a member here. Been searching here for weeks on the various build threads and I realized that the profile crowd kicks ass. Toilet humor, cursing and general debauchery....... it's all here. Hate to admit it but I do have a chinese arf yak profile and it has got me to this point. Now, the LAMSUK is my ticket to the next level. Richard at WWRC has been unbelievable in support of his products and answers all my stupid questions. Only a few more days until balsa flies

Damn guys I never saw the responses to my first post. And here I was thinking no one cared :? Anyway, finally learned how to get email notices sent to me. BTW, I fly out of Jupiter in sunny South Florida and will update my profile here shortly. Since I sent those first posts a lot of progress has been made on the LamSuk profile. If all goes well all of the major construction will be done this week. I have a build thread on FG. Hope it's ok to post the link in case any one is interested - http://www.flyinggiants.com/forums/show ... hp?t=94512

Attachments

FlightCrazed said:
Thanks guys! It's for sure a one of a kind! Can't wait to see it in the air!
Hopefully we can see it at the Florida Pro Bro Event? You can bring that ass in your avatar while your at it :tu:

3 weeks to go and I finally have her in the bones. To tell the truth I've been getting burned out on this build but to see it as a complete airframe for the first time is very inspiring. 3 weeks to go it's gonna be close, I have a feeling the maiden will be at the Pro Bro Event. No pressure or anything :?

Attachments

Thanks guys. To be honest I've had to force myself to work some nights this week but once I saw it all framed up that was all it took. I know the first one is always the most difficult and it won't be my last for sure. Long live the Brothahood, this place is so inspiring and helpful I can't believe it. Here people use reason and sensibility rather then throwing gobs and gobs of money into some Arf that is adorned with the latest billet anchors all over it. When I told some of the CJ's at my field what I was building, the response was "when are you going to get a real plane" I just laughed and walked away.

BTW, I've been looking for a covering scheme that is fairly easy for a newb but at the same time still looks presentable and is not just one solid color. Been looking at an old thunder tiger ARF fattie scheme that I can modify and make my own. Any ideas or input would be held in very high regard. Here is what I am looking at:

Looks good motown. I am assuming you covered the entire plane in purple and then added the checkers over the top? I will be using Ultracote as the base with monokote for the graphics applied with windex. At least that's the plan right now. No time to order so I have to use what the LHS has in stock but fortunately they are pretty well stocked

FlightCrazed said:
I'm a very slow builder, just because I don't have the time to devote to it. I'm gonna work on getting my priorities straight though!
Copy that. I was cruising right along until I started this new job. Long days and when I get home I'm so tired it's hard to put in more time. Soon I'll be getting back on my dirtbike after injury and that will cut into build time even more. Anyone here ride MX? if so watchya got? I ride 2013 Kawasaki KX450F.

Yeah I hear ya, at 41 I'm no spring chicken and the ground seems to get harder with every passing year. Normally I get up after crashes and don't think twice about it but this last one has me a little spooked. I broke my collarbone in November and took some time off but I have to get this funk out of my head and get back on the track. I love RC but MX gives me that speed thrill I crave so badly.
TX5 (Large).jpg

Attachments

Matt, that's awesome to hear you have been riding well into your 50's. I only have a couple more in MX before my body says enough. Not sure what I'll do after that but I do have a XR650R (the aluminum framed liquid cooled model) that I made street legal and it is a blast on the street. BTW, bikes and Jet skis are my background and I am a certified factory tech working for a dealership. Ok sorry for the derail (my first of many to come here on PRO BRO)

My thread should be what am I not building :( Haven't put in any time since Sunday and the immediate future's not looking good. A lot of side jobs have come up and work schedule sucks. Oh yeah and the garage door spring breaks the other day :chairshot: Gonna be a few days before I can get back at it.

Yeah that does look good especially with the trim scheme you have. I'll probably just try to copy my ARF profile and blow it up a bit. Hoping to get covering done in a week so in my timeframe that really means 2 or 3