The Profile Brotherhood RC Forum banner
1 - 20 of 16207 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,762 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Merry Christmas (eve) to everyone!!! I hope yall has a good one

Being that many of you guys might be getting some new toys tonight/tomorrow morning I figured it be a good time to see what sort of projects are planned during the building season.

So I will start:

First on the table is a Primo 40, getting a g32

Then another slab, not positive what it will be yet, but definetly something super loose. Also in 40 size with a g32 (airframe suggestions welcome)

And last a cj plane. I gave my 3 yr old niece a Zenoah g26 EI for chrismas and promised to build her a 9' Telemaster from one of the new hobby lobby kits. It will also double a tow plane

My mom took these pictures I think they are hilarious
she shows some serious intrest in RC already, she even has her own radio (A super old Airtronics)

 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,654 Posts
First up is 40 size primo :rockon: goin old school with a webra 50.
Then a yak 40
Decision time after that,either a my40,or another slide.prolly the madyak,cause i have two slides already :roll:
In between that fix all the bumps and bruises on my flyable stuff
Going cj with a mini mach racer,builtup delta wing...looking for a 100+mph :twisted:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,654 Posts
A.D.3D said:
Is the Webra getting a can?
Well worth the effort :drink:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,654 Posts
A.D.3D said:
Is the Webra getting a can?
O yea :rockoncool: wont ever have a two stroke on a slab again without one :tu:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,932 Posts
an e yak 32 from frisbee, just about ready to maiden , just have to come up with a color pattern that i want on there and go and fly it , so close I can taste it. and then wheel pants and shredders :mrgreen:
 

Attachments

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,762 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Nice! I am really digging my eyak right now. For me left hand rollers have just seemed to click with this plane (sim time has helped too). I need to add some LG, thats a good idea to help balance it. The ass end is just so long and the nose is so short that even with 1000mah packs its still pretty tail heavy.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,862 Posts
You Bros really knock them out left and right. I really got to lose that worry about fuking up it stigma, I haven't even started building yet and am already second guessing shit. I think I just need to crash some shit, beyond repairable, and just learn to say fuk it cause everything has an expiration date no material how perfect its built or not.

Sorry about the noob ramble,but how did you Bros lose the build jitters?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
19,916 Posts
I've got a couple flight test swappables to finish.

Just finished a .46 coursair and spacewalker.

Next is finishing the dreamitrc sidewinder missile.

Then my vh yak. In all of that ill be ordering my GBR bipe now that Christmas is over and build the hell outa it!

After the GBR I guess ill pipe my mojo so its ready for spring and make a new pipe for my outlaw.

After all that I've got a GP giant aero master to rebuild the nose on after the dle55 pulled the firewall off a month or two ago. It'll get a 1.60 2 stroke after the rebuild. Fuk I need more time to work!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,093 Posts
Picks of the sidewinder?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,786 Posts
WW 50cc LamSuk e :gay: on the board right now.
After I clear the board, the next project will be getting everything without removable wings either packed in J's truck or sell-able for the swap meet in Monroe in February.
After Monroe, I've got more to build than I can handle in the next 2 years or so... but I'll probably do the EEv2 71" to house this JC-30, and then a WW20cc or Slide65 (if I can get a kit by then) for the OS GT-22.

Side note: Hey, Stan... I'm converting my daughter's Toledo Special to e :gay: ... any thoughts on power setups?

-Case
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
12,326 Posts
Fixing a battle worn Ironman Mojo 40. About 10 hours of reconstructing wing and tail. Hope to be completed by end of holiday season.
Clean shop and build new plane racks.
Stuff Sbach 55
Stuff GBR 50
Stuff LamYak 60
Finish repairs and restuff Hobbico Instruction 60 plane
Get a Finished Sig Wonder Flying
Get a finished Sig Seniorita Swap meet find flying.
Get a Light RC Mini PBF flying
And a bunch of others
And build 60 size slab rack for my trailer..

:eek: all that to be done before The ProBro season begins :eek: :mrgreen: 8)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,932 Posts
A.D.3D said:
Nice! I am really digging my eyak right now. For me left hand rollers have just seemed to click with this plane (sim time has helped too). I need to add some LG, thats a good idea to help balance it. The ass end is just so long and the nose is so short that even with 1000mah packs its still pretty tail heavy.
I added a plywood block and a plywood cross block, drilled holes in it and cut out the nose piece for my landing gear, just like the saber 35 has , made the nose piece stronger to , I will take a picture of it for you , only takes a little bit.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,742 Posts
m2goofy said:
You Bros really knock them out left and right. I really got to lose that worry about fuking up it stigma, I haven't even started building yet and am already second guessing shit. I think I just need to crash some shit, beyond repairable, and just learn to say fuk it cause everything has an expiratiteateal how perfect its built or not.

Sorry about the noob ramble,but how did you Bros lose the build jitters?
Just start building. Watch build vids. Read build threads. Ask questions. Don't over think shit. Don't try to re-engineer a proven design. Stay focused on the finished product. Get it flying. Buy another kit. Start building, and avoid mistakes made on the first build. Repeat till no mistakes are made, and you no longer have room left in your hobby room to build another plane... Crash, or sell, or stomp the ones that are collecting dust. Build another kit. Once you finish one or two birds you will be hooked.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,048 Posts
I'm still finishing an Sbach 25 :roll: I can't seem to find the time to finish it, however, all that's left is to install the pushrods, control horns, ESC, and landing gear and it'll be ready (hoping to sneek away tomorrow and do this).

Going through some changes at work, so my schedule is going to change for the worse for a while. I had a momentary lapse of judgement a few days ago where I thought I'd sell all but one of my kits and only build ARF's, but then I came to my senses.

So...after the Sbach 25, I've got a Skeeter 30 ARF and a Sabre 35 to assemble. Then hopefully tackle my kit horde one at a time.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
13,370 Posts
2-Stroke Freak said:
Crash, or sell, or stomp the ones that are collecting dust.
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

I've done ALL 3 of those options to birds that I no longer got joy from!!!!

Ohh,... and the RMM Field has a wood burning stove,........

:twisted:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,491 Posts
2-Stroke Freak said:
m2goofy said:
You Bros really knock them out left and right. I really got to lose that worry about fuking up it stigma, I haven't even started building yet and am already second guessing shit. I think I just need to crash some shit, beyond repairable, and just learn to say fuk it cause everything has an expiratiteateal how perfect its built or not.

Sorry about the noob ramble,but how did you Bros lose the build jitters?
Just start building. Watch build vids. Read build threads. Ask questions. Don't over think shit. Don't try to re-engineer a proven design. Stay focused on the finished product. Get it flying. Buy another kit. Start building, and avoid mistakes made on the first build. Repeat till no mistakes are made, and you no longer have room left in your hobby room to build another plane... Crash, or sell, or stomp the ones that are collecting dust. Build another kit. Once you finish one or two birds you will be hooked.
There's your answer. Everyone started with their first kit. :tu: :drink:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,329 Posts
Adding a 4th led strip to my fish-tank..one attached to the lid that turns off when you open the lid.

Then..fixing Sabre 56, putting servos into the small birds to replace the 35hd's so I have some stuff to fly indoors..
Then scaling down an epp biplane to see if I can make an indoor small version..

Notice a theme here RMM Bros.. I wanna do some indoor flyin! It is cold out..
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,862 Posts
Figured I would save money for other toys by reusing my still airworthy combat gear. Gotta finish the linkages on my tufflight combat panther, putting its ass on a diet with a VH 700mah life and reworked the servos back an inch to hopefully make it more tight turning and give all the dudes with avengers a run for there streamers this year.
2012-12-25 06.54.51-1.jpg
2012-12-25 06.55.08-1.jpg

If it works out well my tufflight predator is gonna get the same treatment.

Next will be a Rocky Mountain 3d GBR 32" I just got in the mail last night. :banana:

Then stuffin a Mchone built slide 48 and give the 55ax CCP a try. Thanks for the pics Jake, it is pretty. :banana: :banana:

Then I am gonna bust my kit build cherry on a slide 58 my lovely wife got me for Christmas. Got to figure out how to build it without making my wife never want to buy me another kit again. :rolleye: :shock: :mrgreen:
 

Attachments

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,826 Posts
m2goofy said:
You Bros really knock them out left and right. I really got to lose that worry about fuking up it stigma, I haven't even started building yet and am already second guessing shit. I think I just need to crash some shit, beyond repairable, and just learn to say fuk it cause everything has an expiration date no material how perfect its built or not.

Sorry about the noob ramble,but how did you Bros lose the build jitters?
One year ago I got a Lamyak 15 from Frisbee. Like you I was worried about how it was going to go and I didn't want to make any mistakes so I spent forever thinking about each and every step. I must have read the instructions a dozen times before I even started. The fuse was a piece of cake because everything is just laying on the board. I worried and worried about the wing build. All for naught. The wing went together just like the manual said it would.

Did I make some mistakes? Yep. I had to replace half the nose before I even got the first flight in. Since then the nose has been replaced twice, I've ripped out one of the CA hinges on the elevator, and I've broken the fuselage twice. Now those mistakes that I made when I built it are nothing. So stop worrying about it and just do it. It'll be much easier than you have been thinking. Trust me.

Your fellow NOOB builder.
 
1 - 20 of 16207 Posts
Top