The Profile Brotherhood RC Forum banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
2,370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I D/L'ed the new OMP bipe and it was Jerky! in the load screen and the flight was Jerky I was just about to cuss them for useing to many brushes and Vertices in the model And I started tweaking my Video card!

I have a Pentium 4 2.4 CPU A ATI Radeon 9700PRO video card 512 megs of ram

I started with the new Bipe only getting like 60-70 FPS makes it Jerkey in flight I upgraded my Bios (MainBoard) d/l the new Catalyist Driver from ATI(VERY SCARY!!! INDEED!) Install the lastest Service Pack for XP and the frames went from 60.70 too 160-170 with smoke pumped way up! that Rocks! I still hope my system will handle the the AFP Deluxe! I think it will!

Hey OMP what system are you guys running the New sim on and whats the FPS like Billy whats ya'lls set up and FPS?

G

·
You'll be fine with AFP Deluxe. I have almost exact sys as you do. But I'm running the 9700 and 9800. I'm keeping the 9700 in for testing.

The photo scenes have high FPS to 175.

The gym takes the most ummph. I get about 90 FPS. Both with 9700.

With my ATI 9800 AGP I get about 140 FPS in the gym. As much as 300 FPS in photo scenes.

The only real bog down with AFP Deluxe is the gym and it's not by much. Also depends on what you have running like lighting and reflections.

Also set the rudder on bipe to 48 degrees and it flies much better. There's way to much throw in it.

·
Registered
1,403 Posts
Is there any chance in hell the regular AFP will run OK with my onboard grphics? It's a Compaq rig, Athlon XP1800+ , ProSavage DDR graphics... ran G2 OK

·
Registered
2,370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I would say probally not! sorry may run it ok

What is it the human I can see like 32 FPS so If mine flys it smooth I will be happy.. If not I will buy the same card you bastiege!!!!

I use too be into the Online First Person Shooters big time but not any more funny thing is I paid 399$ for the 9700Pro about two years ago you probally paid more than that give it a year it will be sucking hind tit!

I don't upgrade unless I can go at least 3 times better 4 times is even better! I aint time for me yet Your faster but those Benchmarks are done on systems tweaked to the hilt and no BS on them so I wouldn't get your hopes up for that kind of FPS knock about 30 % off what they post and your gonna be closer I think but still rocking for 500 bucks it better ROCK HUH? Dang my cards still 350$ never would have thought that!

·
Registered
2,370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I wasn't bad mouthing your card Penis Lips! :shock: I just haven't had much luck duplicating some of the bench marks when I built this system... I agree that was a whooper of a step up for you do you have Doom 3? If so we need to get on line and let me shoot the piss out of ya ha!!!

I think im gonna add some more memory to mine I priced some DDR2700 256 I can get the Kingston Hyper for like 66$ I remember paying 299 bucks for 8 freaking megs the first system I built Im gonna add 256 stick to mine for a little boost!!

·
Registered
2,370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Well your an AHOLE for sure that step into liquid runs like shit on mine! now I want a new card!

I wonder with my system would it even be worth adding that card and not upgrading the processer cpu drives memory etc I probally will hold out for the sim and see but your on DSL now right? me too

pretty step requirments If AFP takes this kinda hardware lots of people screwed!!!

Minimum Configuration
(to play 720p video)

Windows XP
Windows Media Player 9 Series
2.4 GHz processor or equivalent
384 MB of RAM
64 MB video card
1024 x 768 screen resolution
16-bit sound card
Speakers

Optimum Configuration
(to play 1080p video with 5.1 surround sound)
Windows XP
Windows Media Player 10
DirectX 9.0
3.0 GHz processor or equivalent
512 MB of RAM
128 MB video card
1920 x 1440 screen resolution
24-bit 96 kHz multichannel sound card
5.1 surround sound speaker system

Mine runs the 720p WELL! it has a few hiccups looks like hd reading hiccups but very few I need more memory I thought I had 512mg But I only have 256 Im gonna add 512MG that should bring er up to speed I may up grade to a serial drive that should help alot! and give a freash reformat when I get the sim!

·
Premium Member
4,725 Posts
Hey Chuck,

Are you sayin that if I download the 1080 "step into Liquid" and viewed it well in full screen with no hangups, I should be alright from a video card perspective?

J.

·
Registered
2,370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I think thats a little exaggerated for specs to run the sim if you can run that it ought to rock tho!

Optimum
Pentium IV / AMD compatible processor with 1.5Ghz
512Mb RAM
OpenGL compatible graphic card with 64MB

Thats OMPS specs Mine according to this should rock.. I hope so!!

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
STAN0 said:
I wasn't bad mouthing your card Penis Lips! :shock: I just haven't had much luck duplicating some of the bench marks when I built this system... I agree that was a whooper of a step up for you do you have Doom 3? If so we need to get on line and let me shoot the piss out of ya ha!!!

I think im gonna add some more memory to mine I priced some DDR2700 256 I can get the Kingston Hyper for like 66$ I remember paying 299 bucks for 8 freaking megs the first system I built Im gonna add 256 stick to mine for a little boost!!
Hajack mode;
I have most FPS shooters out there, willing to frag all that come in, said the spider to the fly. :twisted:

http://www.theprofilebrotherhood.com/fo ... c&start=45

Half way down the page if you look you can see the games I have loaded now.

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
My system is a AMD XP 2800, 1 gig RAM, SB Audigy, ATI 9700 Pro, WD 120 SE HDD.
(I have been wanting to upgrade for a while)
Yes I have Far Cry, this game is head and shoulders above any shooter I play and I have most of them.
1. the setting
2. the story
3. the AI is very good.
4. the interface is so smooth.
BUT the MP interface sucks to serve up!
Doom3, Call of duty with United Offensive, Medal of Honor with allied assalt, BlackHawk Down, Doom remake, Battle Filed 1942 and BF Vietnam, Unreal T 2004, Starwars BF, Jedi Knight, Ailens vs. Pereditor 2, and a bunch more I am forgetting.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.