The Profile Brotherhood RC Forum banner
21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
12,556 Posts
Good to see a Spaz posting!!!!!! Well, I LOVE the G202. I'm so glad you, Nutz and Wind Junkie let me fly the prototypes at Nash '14. I fell in love with the plane then, and it's still my favorite!!!
Aircraft Toy airplane Monoplane Vehicle Toy

·
Registered
2,983 Posts
To the new guys,everyone should have a 202,its just simply a great flying foam for cheap,30.00 or so. It flys better than you would think,much better. Use good servos,its worth it,yes it is. I fly it more than any other,with 500 to 650 packs even in the wind it does well. I tell you as i was told,get one,use recommended 3s motor,get extra props and have a blast. (y)(y)(y)(y)

·
Registered
220 Posts
I have a WMPF Freestyle that I painted with the McFoamy scheme. I love that foamy and have beat it to death for the last 10 years. Glue is getting so brittle from re-gluing it so many times. I just ordered a VH Giles on everyone’s recommendation to have as a backup. What servos do you recommend? I’ve always used cheap 9g servos from VH.

·
Registered
6,254 Posts
My personal favorite servos for planes like the Giles 202 are the Futaba 3114. They are small, light, and accurate, which makes them perfect for planes in this size range. I would also recommend using a separate servo for each aileron.

·
Registered
20,128 Posts
I’ve had great luck with powerHD DSM44’s from VH. I’ll never buy another tower pro servo again after these. They’re tiny, fast and center great and there metal gear.

·
Registered
2,642 Posts
I too really like the DSM44's--great servo for the price! Much better centering than the TowerPros. I also have a set of the 3114's in my Twisted Fokker triplane, and really like them too. More expensive, but good centering and what seem to be tough plastic gears--haven't stripped any in minor dorks

Reactions: gregoryda

·
Registered
12,556 Posts
I just ordered a VH Giles on everyone’s recommendation to have as a backup.
Great choice! Look up "Spastic" blog on RCGroups. He has a hundred detailed pics on the assembly with detail on each picture. Way better than the manual (y)

Reactions: gregoryda

·
Registered
220 Posts
I’ve had great luck with powerHD DSM44’s from VH. I’ll never buy another tower pro servo again after these. They’re tiny, fast and center great and there metal gear.
Thanks, good to have options, especially at 1/2 off the major brand.

21 - 31 of 31 Posts