Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
12,326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Registered
6,329 Posts
I like the Giles and Lazer they used to have. Never tried the edge or slick. pros cons between those 2? need a spare front yard flyer.

·
Registered
12,326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

·
Registered
6,110 Posts
I like the Giles, but I like the Slick more. The Slick is looser and quicker on the controls, mainly on the rudder and elevator sticks. The Giles has a faster roll rate though, but only when flying fast. In a full power vertical dive, the Giles roll rate becomes a blur.

·
Registered
16,991 Posts
i build my own stuff- but if i buy a foamy it'd be a spaz design... i bought the lazer years ago, was the best flier i didn't have to build. the accell pits, with the exception of the rudder area, was better than that.

so, build your own awesome shit- or buy slightly less awesome shit from spaz. it's only toned down from mass production needs, still better than 95% of other stuff, unless you got access to a wf built kadet or something! :lol:

·
Registered
13,285 Posts
Wild Fred said:
i build my own stuff- but if i buy a foamy it'd be a spaz design... i bought the lazer years ago, was the best flier i didn't have to build. the accell pits, with the exception of the rudder area, was better than that.

so, build your own awesome shit- or buy slightly less awesome shit from spaz. it's only toned down from mass production needs, still better than 95% of other stuff, unless you got access to a wf built kadet or something! :lol:
Hey Fred!
I didn't design the Laser, just the scheme.. the Pits was Quins, I did design the G202 and the hardware and the factory used my full flying elevator for the rest of them after that came out.
I never flew the Slick.. G202 is my fav.
Gary

·
Registered
16,991 Posts
i was mistaken! the giles is a great flier, too. don't own one, but flown several o.p.'s! the value foamys are a good value, too. shipping seems a little high, but still cheaper than crack yaks, etc.

·
Registered
2,501 Posts
I really liked the looks of the Sabre, wish I had ordered one while they were available.

·
Registered
12,326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Doug G, I read your 1st comments there before editing :p
I agree with Twisted being great quality and definitely worth the money.
And I also agree with Twisted being high quality foam. :tu:
I have been flying the small crack beaver for many years and have the 43" in the box. Also a Revolto in the box.

As you know c/f loves Twisted. I thought it would be worth posting his comments after flying my G202 in this thread:

c/f said:
I actually got to fly a foamy that gave my Twisted Craks a BANG FOR BUCK I must have. It actually tripled down on roll rate in a downward and horizontal axis as power was increased. :mrgreen:
Spaz!! Great to see you posting!! Thank you again for this great design and build blog. Still one of my favorite birds ever.

·
Registered
2,431 Posts
RUMPLE,you going love 202 and say how can it fly so good. They deserve good servos,the cheapeees just dont do them justice,i tried it,heinze did to,upgrade,you will like it. :tu: :tu:

·
Registered
16,991 Posts
good to see you, rumple! i still got a huge roll of rumple wrap that gator gave me, good stuff!

·
Registered
862 Posts
What is Rumple wrap and what is it used for? :drink:

·
Registered
2,328 Posts
Wild Fred said:
good to see you, rumple! i still got a huge roll of rumple wrap that gator gave me, good stuff!
Dang Fred, as much as you build, I can't believe you didn't run out a decade ago!

·
Registered
14,017 Posts
Wild Fred said:
:rockon: Same here, got a roll from Rumple years ago at Nash, that shit is awesome.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts