The Profile Brotherhood RC Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I found an old plane for sale at my LHS that was too cheap to pass up. I don’t know what model it is and I’ve never seen one with an angled fuse. I think it’s someone’s experimental build. It’s roughly 40” long and 43” wingspan so I think it needs a .46 or e powered.
Anyone recognize this design?

Attachments

· Registered
8,495 Posts
Looks like a Burrito.
Here's one.

Reactions: Heinz57

· Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you. It does look a lot like a burrito. The rudder is different on mine. I guess they made it differently. The yellow part of the rudder is attached to the fuse. So it has a smaller rudder and the burrito. Guess I could fix it one day.

· Registered
6,316 Posts
So it has pull-pull cables for the elevator and rudder? If so, it's most likely a Morris the Knife.

· Registered
8,495 Posts
Yeah, Knowing that, Burrito may be ruled out and Knife probable.

· Registered
12,709 Posts
+1 on the Knife.
I've had a bunch of them over the years.
They're really fun and hover easy - like silly easy.
Baby it on the low to the ground stuff - it will crack the fuse behind the wing in a dork, then you have to throw it away because the repair will make it too heavy to fly good.
Throw the pull pull crap in the garbage and cut servo bays by the tail, then use a typical bro linkage with a normal tail servo layout (see pics).
My midair at '14 Nash was epic with the other Bro's prop half still sticking in my fuse (pics).
Bro Cartman finished it off in Ironman a few years later at Nash. I have great memories with that plane and Wild Fred and others wringing it out at Nash. (See pic of WF flying it)
(Bonus pic - My first knife that I built and covered waaay back in '07)
Hood Monoplane Wood Electric blue Flap
Hood Bumper Gadget Automotive design Electric blue
Toy Aircraft Airplane Monoplane Vehicle
Aircraft Yellow Aviation Air travel Aerospace manufacturer
Aircraft Toy Airplane Vehicle Monoplane
Sky Cloud Aircraft Monoplane Toy
Creative arts Grass Vehicle Automotive wheel system Wing

Reactions: Heinz57

· Registered
130 Posts
It was my first slab as well, tons of great memories. The first of its kind in my area, people never seen a plane hover before, neither did I lol.
Pic of it in my avatar. Covered in micafilm, painted, 40FP, MCM

1 - 12 of 12 Posts