The Profile Brotherhood RC Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,931 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, I see that these things have *ourageous* amounts of control-surface throw -- do most people run dual rates or large amounts of expo so that when you're not trying to put prop-cuts in your own tail, you can still fly around relatively smoothly?

·
Registered
14,320 Posts
I find that I usually start with dual rates when first flying a new plane but after a few flights I dont even bother with the low. I do run some expo though, not really any rule of thumb just to where it feels about right. Usually I have a good bit on the elevater a moderate amount in the ailerons an very little if any on the rudder. Probably not much help but it works for me.

·
Registered
487 Posts
I've never been much of a switch flipper. When I started trying to do 3D I used huge amounts of expo, like 60%. I've weaned myself down to 30% now.

·
Registered
8,729 Posts
I start with dual rates at 50% usually for say 4-5 flights until I have her trimmed out, balanced, broken in, run some typical manuevers....and then I go to full rates with expo....30-50%

·
Registered
1,748 Posts
After I get settled into a plane, all high rates with 25% or less expo. I find much expo ruins the 'feel' of the controls.

My only current exception, the KatanaP (kit version). I fly that rudder in low most of the time. Still getting used to the authority it has.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts