The Profile Brotherhood RC Forum banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
2,983 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well,hind-site is hard learned,and we all got it. For the younger guys. put down them cigs,it just gets harder to quit. Take great care of your back,its a weak point of man,once hurt its not the same. Have a job with retirement and insurance,that goodness my wife did,when your young its not so important,but as the time passes it will be. Now some good,get a shop,if you like planes,get one dont wait. Even a 10x12 shed will do for a start. Have some fun when you can,good times are never forgotten. Always keep some kits on hand,you never know when you will need them. RC is a life hobby,you may put it away,but it will come back years latter. Add your wisdom,some young man will be better for it.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Well said! I’ve dealt with all those topics in my life, and now I’m back to flying, bad back/knees and all. Quit the cigs in the early 90’s, best thing I ever did.

·
Registered
771 Posts
Football and hockey injuries are my main source of artheritis. Hard to go back and change a few things as I probably wouldn't have played football but I don't dwell on it because it's a religion down here.

I just do what I can to take care of my back and I have a plan to keep working as long as I can but I won't be doing what I currently am hopefully past 60. Think of it as a hybrid version of the 'Great Resignation' where I just don't go back to work but I live comfortably and have the time to do the things I want to do.

·
Registered
5,395 Posts
Ecclesiastes 12:1 Remember now thy Creator in the days of thy youth, while the evil days come not, nor the years draw nigh, when thou shalt say, I have no pleasure in them;
Ecclesiastes 12:13 Let us hear the conclusion of the whole matter: Fear God, and keep his commandments: for this is the whole duty of man.

·
Registered
2,983 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
When i was younger if i needed a motor block moved i just did it,200lps no big deal. Give your back due thought young guys,all us old guys hurt every day from self en-flecked abuse. Get that SHOP and out of the wifes house. Led strip lights are allsome,put some up and SEE what your doing. Them old 40 watt tubes are junk.

·
Registered
12,556 Posts
Wear earplugs around anything loud. I started doing that upon the recommendation of a machinery salesperson after I told him I had ringing in the ears. 30 + years later I have exceptional hearing, whereas most of my toolmaker counterparts hearing are completely shot..

Reactions: ben_beyer

·
Registered
2,983 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Plus one for that Straightup,and safety glasses when needed,i dont do as much as i know i should but when you cant hear or see its to late. How many shot gun blast i took before knowing better,or go to a dove shoot with old timers ,no one can hear. lol I worked on a big peach farm,big buck owners,at the shoots the who whos of small town. None could hear shit,few could hit shit,but they shure could talk.lol i could tell stories,i would feed them birds every other day,2 tons of proso,small bird shot grain all over 40 acres field. How could you not get 12. Many did not. lol lol that was 1980,things change.

·
Registered
771 Posts
Wear earplugs around anything loud. I started doing that upon the recommendation of a machinery salesperson after I told him I had ringing in the ears. 30 + years later I have exceptional hearing, whereas most of my toolmaker counterparts hearing are completely shot..
I started wearing them 5 years ago when I mow.

·
Registered
12,556 Posts
Me too. Yes, mowing is loud. Outboard motors too. Lots of loud things.

·
Registered
2,983 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yep,these stock trucks with mufflers removed,i mean,ant fast,ant hot rod,just lould and obnoxious. And the factory worked hard to make them quite. I like the sound of big cam big power to ,stock trucks ant got it. sorry. I live on a hill,they rattle by all day struggle to pull a camper,blaaaaaa. And no muff cummings sound sick to.

·
Registered
7,163 Posts
Totally agree with Straightup. Wear your dag on hearing protection. I'm 11 years now working in the same industrial production plant and we do yearly hearing test. In those 11 years my hearing has not changed at all.

·
Registered
7,163 Posts
I also recommend everyone get out and do some fishing.

Sky Cloud Plant Shotgun Hunting

·
Registered
2,642 Posts
I also recommend everyone get out and do some fishing.

View attachment 145891
What scale, and where didja get it? I'm looking for a new airplane scale; had one that looked nearly identical to yours laying there, but the display crapped out on a couple numbers. Bought another supposedly good one on Amazon; it's crap. Wanted to weigh my new 85" fatty last nite; it was over a pound off on a 6lb dumbell weight. :(

·
Registered
2,983 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Looking like a sneak fish trip,by the tracks,rod and scale on the ground,like you should not fish in that pond trip but i will walk up here to take a pic. lol just funning nice fish, make 57 jealess,hes not posted his fish for awhile.🤠

·
Registered
12,556 Posts
Nice Bass! Looks fun!!

·
Registered
7,163 Posts
What scale, and where didja get it? I'm looking for a new airplane scale; had one that looked nearly identical to yours laying there, but the display crapped out on a couple numbers. Bought another supposedly good one on Amazon; it's crap. Wanted to weigh my new 85" fatty last nite; it was over a pound off on a 6lb dumbell weight. :(
This one right here. Picked it up at walmart. I haven't checked it against a known weight yet to see how accurate it is but it got good reviews and I liked that it had the clamp on it instead of the hook that you have to get into the fish gill plate. Been catching big Bowfin and Chain Pickerel as well so I wanted something that held them tight while weighing.

·
Registered
7,163 Posts
Looking like a sneak fish trip,by the tracks,rod and scale on the ground,like you should not fish in that pond trip but i will walk up here to take a pic. lol just funning nice fish, make 57 jealess,hes not posted his fish for awhile.🤠
No sneak fish trip. I don't do that as my in-laws have had issues with people doing that on their 10 acre pond. That fish was caught out of one of the ponds where I work. A coworker and I go back and fish for a bit during our lunch breaks, Blue dot is the building I'm in. Small red circle is where I was standing in that picture. That is a 6 acre pond and the one behind it is 9 acres. Full of Largemouth, Bluegill, Crappie, Catfish, Warmouth, Yellow Perch, Chain Pickerel, and Bowfin. That spot I'm standing is the hotspot after a bunch of rain as the creek that feeds the front pond swells up and washes a bunch of food down to the fish. Water comes under the road in some concrete pipes and there is a ledge just past it. The bass go down low under the ledge to stay out of the current and just wait for bait to spill over. Literally I dropped my line down and within 2 seconds ole girl wacked it hard.
Property Water Infrastructure Land lot Natural landscape

·
Registered
7,163 Posts
1 - 20 of 39 Posts