The Profile Brotherhood RC Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,649 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not a profile but have wanted one for many years. I have had the plans for about 30 years and finally decided to get started!
There is very little info around on this one. A guy named Mike Taylor designed it back in about 1990. I watched him fly it in fun flys and was very impressed with what he was doing on 3 channels. Unfortunately he passed sometime shortly after that and The Pro Trainer kinda faded away. On occasion you will see one but there are not many out there.
You will know if you do see one as it has a ton of dihedral, more than any other airplane I have seen. I am looking forward to finally building and flying one.

Attachments

·
Registered
5,519 Posts
Definitely old skool. What's the plan for set-up?

Don't forget the flight report.

·
Registered
7,185 Posts
Maybe we need a profile trainer?

Reactions: jibracer13

·
Registered
20,173 Posts
Oh WOW! I’ve seen those before! In fact I think I had most of one but never fixed and flew it. It was just a wreck but the tail and you mentioning the crazy amount of dihedral it had makes me think that was what it was.
I can’t wait to see how yours turns out.

·
Registered
741 Posts
I got a set of plans from somebody here 10 plus years ago, it may have been a copy from Doug. I remember him showing up at fun fly's back in the day with a piped .32 on one of these. I used the plans as a guide, and did my own construction style. Made it a taildragger with an electric motor from a Extreme Flight 45" Extra. It is just under 2 pounds without the battery, I was using a 3300 3 cell
Aircraft Toy airplane Airplane Monoplane Vehicle
. Here is a picture, please excuse the dirt.

·
Registered
6,120 Posts
The old skool AirFlair Sundancer was an awesome little "trainer". It would fly low and slow for golden hour touch-n-goes, but it would snap pretty well also. With a good CG it would flat spin well. And it is a good looking plane.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I got a set of plans from somebody here 10 plus years ago, it may have been a copy from Doug. I remember him showing up at fun fly's back in the day with a piped .32 on one of these. I used the plans as a guide, and did my own construction style. Made it a taildragger with an electric motor from a Extreme Flight 45" Extra. It is just under 2 pounds without the battery, I was using a 3300 3 cell View attachment 145737 . Here is a picture, please excuse the dirt.
D0 you know where I can get plans for this, I am getting back in RC after a few years and I have been looking for plans. I bought one of the kits from Doug way back when and built and flew others from the plans. I absolutely loved this airplane so I am looking for plans or? kit'
sundayflier

·
Registered
2,649 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I drew The Pro Trainer in Autocad, if you want a set of the cad plans I could probably print you a set. If interested shoot me a message.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I drew The Pro Trainer in Autocad, if you want a set of the cad plans I could probably print you a set. If interested shoot me a message.
D0 you know where I can get plans for this, I am getting back in RC after a few years and I have been looking for plans. I bought one of the kits from Doug way back when and built and flew others from the plans. I absolutely loved this airplane so I am looking for plans or? kit'
sundayflier

·
Registered
4 Posts
you bet I'm interested, I have had more fun with this plane than any I have ever had. and have been looking for plans forever,r so if you could print me a set I'd be eternally grateful, let me know how much and how to send you the $$ and we'll get this going.

Thanks a lot.
Frank

1 - 13 of 13 Posts