The Profile Brotherhood RC Forum banner
41 - 60 of 72 Posts

·
Registered
16,991 Posts
Jim D said:
This site came to be because the powers that be at RC(u) took offense to the brutally honest opinions and information the early bro's were putting out there.

If a slab sucked, it was so noted. If a vendor was shady and tried to pull some crap, it was openly stated. If someone was seeking open and truthful advice on RC/3D/Slabs, it was given. If a mfg was pushing BS about a product, they were called out. If they made-sold a good product, they were praised.

Often, the sponsors of RC(u) came into the crossfire and received poor marks from the Bro's. This greatly wrankled the powers that be there, this group of malcontents who dared to call it like they see it. In the end, we moved on to this place.

So this place (the Pro Bro Forum) was born as a place for some of the most talented, honest and friendly RC fliers to talk openly without a corporate management type censoring what was more often than not the plain truth.

A few basic truths were common amongst the group:
-Profiles are the best bang for the buck 3D rigs. (period)
-Flying 3D style should be accepted and embraced in the RC world, not shunned and spurned.
-Good products should be acknowleged and poor ones identified.
-No Whining

This was not created as some general alternative adult themed forum. There was (and is) a lot of adult level content because of the nature of most Bro's. A lot of Bro's cuss and fuss, raise hell, enjoy a good party and like to fly it like they hate it.

But most of all, the Pro Bro's were friends. Far from cookie cutter personalities, diverse only begins to describe the group. My first trip to Effingham back in 05, I knew I was amongst friends.

So all the pock shots between 'Bros' just doesn't accomplish anything. I'm not out to censor anybody. I'm not out to enforce my morals on anyone, I believe in free speech. But I also like to think people have enough common sense not to use 'free speech' as a knee-jerk justification for spouting off hate and nastyness for no purpose but perhaps their own gratification.
the true history. this site was here but languishing; everyone was in the bro forum at rcpoo until the mojo incident brought the phoniness to a head and we wound up here where we could talk FREELY and UNCENSORED!

the winter angle never occured to me, I don't have that problem here :p but if you need something to do until springtime, I suggest you go here:

http://www.urban75.com/Mag/bubble.html

·
Registered
1,748 Posts
GATOR said:
WOW....a JIMD post
Hey Gator, and how you doing BBill?

Yes I am alive. But with 12 and 14 year old daughters I am at that most busy time of life. The older one is more involved in fastpitch than ever. I have hung up my coaching hat as she has moved to a level where she has far exceeded what your average 'dad' coach can provide.

But since I have resigned my coaching comission, I will hopefully be at a few pro bro's this summer.

·
Registered
1,748 Posts
Berwyn Bill said:
Jim D said:
My first trip to Effingham back in 05, I knew I was amongst friends.
Then get your butt back to Effy!!!

That Effy was back when all I had was electrics. Jim had never met me, I had never met Jim. But he offered up any plane to me to fly, no conditions, just fly 'em. That may have been the first Mojo I flew.

I blew up my E-Taco, figured it all "all done." Next thing I know, Paul's coming over in Dr. Swany mode and showing me how to rebuild both wings back onto it. I still have that damn thing and I learned that's lots of slabs fly better after they've been knocked around a bit.

Here's a sure cure for these ills:
Every bro makes a commitment to flying with at least one other Bro. Make it to a ProBro and you're golden. Can't make a ProBro? Find out who the closet Bro is to you and set up a mini Bro. Hell just a day of flying and some cold tasty beverages to wrap things up. That'll cure what ails ya'!
I should note that after I started Bill's Nitro addiction (think the Mojo 60 got him), he returned the favor in spades at the next Eff by letting me wring out some sweet birds I had never been able to try. After flying the bigger OMP Yak, I understood why the snake man was so taken with them.

And who can forget captits trolling through the mass hover looking for mid-airs :roll:

·
Premium Member
8,779 Posts
Jim D said:
Yes I am alive. But with 12 and 14 year old daughters I am at that most busy time of life. The older one is more involved in fastpitch than ever. I have hung up my coaching hat as she has moved to a level where she has far exceeded what your average 'dad' coach can provide.

But since I have resigned my coaching comission, I will hopefully be at a few pro bro's this summer.
This will be my last year coaching my 12 year old. Now, I have 2 more boys. Next year my middle starts "real" ball and I'll be taking that team it looks like. Tye is 1 now. By the time Benjamin's team is over my head I'll have to start that.

I also got talked into coaching Benjamin's football team this fall.

Right now, I can barely type....got a dislocated ring finger. I took a line drive last night and my reflexes were not good enough to catch it. I got the glove up, but the ball hit the top and jammed the finger. I popped it back myself, but it hurts like a $$%^%$. Once they hit 11 they can POUND a baseball.

Q

·
Registered
1,748 Posts
Quicker said:
Right now, I can barely type....got a dislocated ring finger. I took a line drive last night and my reflexes were not good enough to catch it. I got the glove up, but the ball hit the top and jammed the finger. I popped it back myself, but it hurts like a $$%^%$. Once they hit 11 they can POUND a baseball.

Q
Q, I feel you pain. I showed up at Eff in 05 in a walking boot with a fractured shin from taking a pitch off it that I missed. That was 3 years ago. She throws hard enough now that it can be spooky. Drop balls suck.

And I will not pitch BP to her without a net. Thought my reflexes were Ok till I took a liner off my calf last spring. She is waaaaay better than I ever was.

·
Registered
16,991 Posts
I never played ball with kyron. did a lot of flying with him; he's almost as good as me now :roll: .

·
Registered
81 Posts
hey guys i just joined the site and wanted to say whats goin on. i came across a bad boy v2 that a coworker of mine had at the lhs. its got an os.46 on it with a tuned pipe that seems to run great. i plan on goin out tomorrow for my first flight with it. iv been into 3d for quite some time now and just had to have a profile 3d'er. i cant wait and am glad to join the brotherhood

·
Registered
15,367 Posts
Glad you found the site, Trevor. Let us know how you like some slab 3D after you get some flights on it :lol:

·
Registered
4,993 Posts
whats a cow orker? some cross between a pig and a cow? :pig: :lol:

·
Registered
81 Posts
thanks yall i got a feelin ima love it. still tryin to decide to skip the last class tomorrow and go fly :rolleye: javascript:emoticon(':rolleye:')

·
Registered
6,234 Posts
Profile addiction can spread like the plague.. Before you know it, all you own are slabs. Welcome to the hood

·
Registered
12,326 Posts
ProBroAndy said:
Profile addiction can spread like the plague.. Before you know it, all you own are slabs. Welcome to the hood
Yah, he's skipping class to fly already :lol: Addiction is def setting in :mrgreen:

Welcome to the Bros Trevor

·
Registered
9,613 Posts
Welcome! Now you just need to try out a slab with some decent performance that will really set the hook. The badboy ought to be a good way to get started but the real fun begins with your first mojo, sabre, or other really high performance slab.

·
Registered
81 Posts
well i took my first flights today and after 7 tanks i really am about to stop electric 3d all together. im soooooo hoookkeedd! i flew two tanks on d/r and just kinda crusin then on the 3rd tanks it was full throws baby and set it in to a good knife edge to hover bout 5 ft from the ground. the fealing was like no other and ill never go back. to bad im grounded from it for the wonderful language and school course of espanol. :cry: oh well by friday ill be back flyin :twisted:

·
Registered
81 Posts
once more thing i really need some cool but simple kote designs to get my plane back to lookin alittle like me and need some awsome pro bro graphics. also ima hit up the tip section on best way to monokote. today the loose monokote in areas sounded like a big heli comin in durrings some moves but chilled out when i dropped it low into a dead hover :devil:

·
Registered
5,604 Posts
He's got that burning love/addiction going real good already. He must have an addictive personality :rofl: You'll fit in here!!!!

The best advice on covering I've seen is the monocote 101 thread. Here's a link to the vid.

This will get your mouth watering with all the possibilities it opens up.

Welcome bro, and enjoy the ride, it's gonna be a long one :beerchug:

·
Registered
81 Posts
man i am on board in full! there is nothin gunna stop me. see the thing is, is that this is the first plane iv actually paid formyself and put time into. the last 4 planes iv gotten i was given to teach 3d to some people and they gave me planes :p but im here to tell ya good bye electric foamies and profiles here i come. i got plenty of time left to really do reesearch and hook up a sweet slab at some time. but for now i want to rig this bb and push it to the max!

·
Registered
12,326 Posts
Trevor said:
once more thing i really need some cool but simple kote designs to get my plane back to lookin alittle like me and need some awsome pro bro graphics.
PM the guy above your 2nd post "Gator". He does sweet vinyl and his cote designs have us all goin' :nw:

This "ProBro Straightup" he did for me.

Attachments

·
Registered
8,015 Posts
Trevor said:
man i am on board in full! there is nothin gunna stop me. see the thing is, is that this is the first plane iv actually paid formyself and put time into. the last 4 planes iv gotten i was given to teach 3d to some people and they gave me planes :p but im here to tell ya good bye electric foamies and profiles here i come. i got plenty of time left to really do reesearch and hook up a sweet slab at some time. but for now i want to rig this bb and push it to the max!
Don't dismiss the profile electrics. We have some really kick ass electric planes around here too, along with the glow planes. The Primo 15 from http://www.swanyshouse.com is just one of the kick ass little electrics.

You might also take a look around at http://www.kalteisen.com. Quinn is coming out with some new foamies, that are all but guaranteed to be sweet as well. Some of them will also handle glow engines, a foamy with glow power :D .

41 - 60 of 72 Posts