The Profile Brotherhood RC Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
20,128 Posts
Looks like an old top cap or one of those Chinese Subaru top cap clones. Either way it’ll be heavy for a slab but fun. Nice find.
You’ve got a good brand engine there too. Loose the spinner and apc prop and get a xoar 12/4 prop. And bigger wheels will save that OG unobtainum tetherite landing gear.
Also, replumb that fuel tank so it’ll sit sideways. Less drag and less weight sticking out away from the fuse.

Reactions: NitroMD

·
Registered
3,962 Posts
Welcome to the hood. Great starter slab there, take the advice you get here and run with it. Have a ton of fun along the way!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Looks like an old top cap or one of those Chinese Subaru top cap clones. Either way it’ll be heavy for a slab but fun. Nice find.
You’ve got a good brand engine there too. Loose the spinner and apc prop and get a xoar 12/4 prop. And bigger wheels will save that OG unobtainum tetherite landing gear.
Also, replumb that fuel tank so it’ll sit sideways. Less drag and less weight sticking out away from the fuse.
It weighs 3.8 lbs - fuel engine thunder tiger pro 46 . The prop you recommended seams a bit large for this engine?

·
Registered
2,642 Posts
It weighs 3.8 lbs - fuel engine thunder tiger pro 46 . The prop you recommended seams a bit large for this engine?
The 12x4 Xoar woodie is MUCH lighter than the comparable APC's, giving much better spool up and throttle response. FWIW, most 46-50 glow will spin the 12x4 very well, and the OS.55 is happy with a 13x4 Xoar :)

·
Registered
3,962 Posts
I've had several of those thunder tiger 46s, Jake and wyo69cowboy are spot on, 12x4 wood is the right prop for sure. I also agree, you need bigger wheels. (y)

·
Registered
12,556 Posts
Welcome to the Bro's NitroMD! Glad you are here.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Nice find! I’ve had TT46 in the past, great motor and I agree with the others, go with a 12-4 prop. Welcome to the hood!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts