The Profile Brotherhood RC Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,748 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I've got a few flights on my new OMP Edge and I only have one issue with the setup. The Saito 72 exhaust is being propwashed quite well onto the tail of the bird. And those tail mounted servos are getting slimed up pretty good.

I'm sure some of the Pro Bro's have 'been there- done that'. Anybody installed a deflector or such? How about a large piece of Tri-stock just in front of the servo? Or I seem to remember something about using part of a plastic soda bottle?

·
Registered
15,367 Posts
I just rigged mine where the rudder servo top was on the muffler side, keeping the elevator servo top on the "clean" side. Figger I'd rather lose rudder (don't read that, Dave Brown!) than elevator. My servos have little gaskets and stuff in them, hope the hold up!

·
Registered
1,748 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Mine are rigged the same way Chuckie. The rudder servo is bearing the brunt of the 'sliming'. Only the bottom of the elevator servo gets slimed.

I've got the JR DS811 digitals back there. Guess I'll find out how well they are sealed up, eh?

·
Registered
189 Posts
The only thing I do is make sure I clean the servos well at the end of the day. It might look a little funny, but you could prolly make some little "shields" by cutting apart a plastic spinner package and gluing it in front of/over your servos. I've tried exhaust deflectors but they don't seem to do much good (at least for me).

(hey if you hover low enough long enough you can put a big goo spot on the ground! :shock: :wink: )

·
Registered
82 Posts
I put silicoe aroudn al l of the servos...this preevnts some fuel form gettign in...ive had over 300 flights on my fuel soaked Hitec 605s andthey stil going!!! NO WEAR!!!

Dan

1 - 5 of 5 Posts