The Profile Brotherhood RC Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2,633 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I will provide updates here for the kit progress, as you know this process is a little slow so just want to keep everyone informed.

As of now materials have been ordered and are expected to arrive in a few days.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Can anyone advise the proper starting CG on the Slick 360???
1st flight @ 1/3 back from front of wing was a wild one with WAY over control of the elevator. Whoa baby, that was not fun...

thanks
David

·
Registered
2,633 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
All CNC work is done & sticks are sorted. This week I will finish up the other parts, hardwood & landing gear. It won’t be much longer.
Thank You for your patience!😁

Attachments

·
Registered
458 Posts
Joe bob- these are the two I’m considering. These little potenza servos do a great job in my Stix 41 and they are cheap. https://www.flexinnovations.com/product/ds15-sub-micro-servo-350mm-wire/

Also, used these blue birds in a Primo 40. I’ve had great results with them.

Both should be the perfect fit for this plane 👍

·
Registered
182 Posts

·
Registered
5,384 Posts
Those Flex servos seem awful small. Maybe I'm just used to 40 size nitro birds. But I would have thought you'd need a little more torque than 30oz. But the BlueBirds look killer.

·
Registered
2,628 Posts
I had some micro Bluebirds that I had bad luck with; not sure on their current QC, but I literally had 4 of 8 quit working. The were the precursor to the 127WV that shows on the Bluebird site linked above. I think I had 125's. Anyway, here's another good servo in that size that I know is good quality--I've got 4 of them in use currently, and they are working great--strong, quick, and good centering.

·
Registered
7,143 Posts
Here's an option I would consider as I'm running them in my EF 48" Edge 540 V2. If they can handle the speed and energy that plane can dish out it should be able to handle the slick just fine. I just have an Eflite ESC powering the plane as well so I'm not even getting the max torque they can produce.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts