Does anyone have a silver base on their 3D bird? I just sprayed my newest foamy silver and was curious if there is an interesting scheme out there. What would look good against silver? Orange....bright green....red?
OK Pro Bros....I know you all have "been there....done that", but I made myself a Shock flyer after mine wore out. I just used the old fan fold foam. It flys great. I fly it every day now....sometimes five times in a day. Lots of fun....the tail does not twist on this one! :wink: [/img]
That was why I was asking about the silver.....I knew with the floresent colors, that they are translucent and need a base coat underneith like white ore silver. I did not want to do white under it with the brush Testors paint because the Floresent colors tend to desove the other brush Testors.....so a spray coat of Silver seemed to be the logical next step. Floresents look great against silver and I was very suprised that not many guys use it except in the trim scheme. Kind of retro VS new millenium!
By the way....the Typhoon Micro 6 kicks ass! MJP Carbon They have carbon fiber mounting kits for the Shock flyers and home made foamies for $22.00 CNC milled....quality stuff! If interested, contact them via email if you dont see it on the page yet, it is a new product. :lol: :lol:
I got the Plettenberg Typhoon Micro 6 from Edogfight (Typhoon reveiw) They are awesome motors! I have really enjoyed mine.....been running it all summer.
I was not clear about the motor mount in my last post. :roll: So far.....MJP Carbon only has mounts for the Typhoon Micro 6&15. I had a couple people ask about mounts for the AXI motors. If anyone out there has a print with hole locations....please forward it to me? I will have some made up....I dont have an AXI for the Shocky.
Hey! Glad you asked. I did pretty much the same set up as the Shock flyer with the criss cross carbon fiber rods but I used 3mm. At the ends of the rods for the axles, I used mild .157 steel, drilled out one end .120 and the other end turned it down to 098 and then bent them at like 30 degrees or so.
Now....I flew it a few times....the foam at the criss cross was getting waddled out. I designed a shock obsorbing system out of carbon fiber plate....looked like it would work....but I wanted to fly NOW!!!!! So....I made some supports going up to the motor mount and secured it with heavy thread and CA glue. Between the legs....I now have a rubber band to allow for shock absorbing.
Also.....for gluing in my servos and stuff....I use a sealant/glue called Lexel, made by Sashco. I used this to where I plugged the legs into the wings. Very flexible.
Hope this helps....I will post a photo if you need it the way it is now.