·
Registered
12,547 Posts
Nice job Husker! Beautiful!!
WF glad you're fishing and posting!!

·
Registered
7,163 Posts
Lets revive WF old fish thread since I have been doing a bunch of fishing with the little girl. She got her new Personal Best yesterday at 1 pound 11 ounce largemouth bass. Sadly my inlaws pond is over stocked so I'm working on remove the small ones as its stunting the growth of all of them. This one being 16-1/2" long should weight closer to 3 pounds. She's having fun though and that is all that matters.
Water Smile Sky Eye Lake

Water Hand Vertebrate Boats and boating--Equipment and supplies Smile

·
Registered
7,163 Posts

·
Registered
7,163 Posts
didnt recognize the name, looked it up. we call them mudfish down here! yeah, fight hard! not much for eating, mushy. but great fighters. i miss freshwater fishing, grew up on one of the best fishing lakes in florida. so did flightcrazed, surprisingly, as no one else has ever heard of lake istokpoga but us! gonna git me some specks next spring fo sho! crappie to you northern guys! how bout it, thom? you go with me to watermelon pond?

Yeah Bowfin, Mudfish, Grinel. They have lots of names. Freaking dinosaur fish really. Funny that the SnakeHead fish is a descendant of the bowfin as they look identical shape wise other but don't eat good yet a snakehead eats really good.

Now some Crappie, that's damn good eating fish right there.

·
Registered
7,163 Posts
Reactions: MikeMcChiken

·
Registered
7,163 Posts
Thanks brotha. This is the biggest bass so far for the year. Beginning of the spawn and she was 6 and on a medium light spinning rod so it was a fun fight. Mind you the pic in my last post of the 5lb 6oz one was probably a 7+ pound fish before the spawn, she had a huge mouth and 22" long but her belly was gone. Still searching for my first double digit bass.
Cloud Sky Ecoregion Hunting Fish

Reactions: MikeMcChiken

·
Registered
7,163 Posts
Got a dink and a nice biggun during my lunch break today. Big one has a wild hump on his head and lower lip had been broken at some point and healed up funny. Fought hard though which is all that matters.
Glasses Smile Sky Cloud Goggles

Sky Cloud Plant Ecoregion Sunglasses

221 - 231 of 231 Posts