The Profile Brotherhood RC Forum banner

Scratch a Burrito !?!

3K views 27 replies 12 participants last post by  Gordo 
#1 ·
I had an old dude ask me for my burrito plans so he could scratch one out. I politely explained that an entire kit is available for $60. He persisted, and I told him I would go home and check to see if I still had them; if I did I would bring them out the following day. Well I knew I still had them, but had no intention of going to the feild the following day.

Now I see someone started a thread on RCU for a scratch built burrito. I don't get this at all. Is the kit so outragously priced that these people need to save money to buy the OS .40 LA for it?

I'd bet I could frame a Burrito completely before someone could cut a set of ribs on a scroll saw.

Maybe some people just need the extra challenge?

Could someone help me understand?

#2 ·
I'm with you, you probably seen my post there. It makes 0 sense to me too. And he said he needed a shopping list to go to LHS. If he plans to by the wood and all at the LHS he'll be saving about NOTHING!!!!!!

But hey, if he needs the chalenge, I hope he at least BOUGHT THE FREAKING PLANS FROM PAUL!!!!!

#4 ·
You're right, scratching a Burrito doesn't really make any sense. All the pre-notched parts, pre-shaped parts, lg mounts, tube, cf, etc. for only $60? You just can't beat that! Paul has some very, no, extrememly nicely engineered kits for that (or any) price! Scratching just seems waaay to counter-productive.

#9 ·
speaking of a burrito....i have never "built" anything...always ARFS or buy used..

uh..how hard would a burroti be to build..?

i am pretty damn dumb..so take that into consideration...

$60 sounds real good right about now, but if i am just gonne fuck it all up, then i don't wanna waste $$$...

anyways...what do y'all think?

#12 ·
I've long lost count how many kits I built over the years, from printed sheets for control line to lousy die cutting to laser cut stuff. I DON't like to build, period. But I'm not too impressed with ARFs either. Swanys kits are BY FAR the fast, easiest build I've ever seen. I've built 4 Tacos and a Burrito, and I can have one in the air faster than many ARFs.

Go for it, you'll love it.

#15 ·
Do'nt forget the fact that it is one tuff bird too :!: I have been flying the crap out of mine and it has hit hard many times. I even crashed it into a pile of trees and limbs behind the house. It was busted up pretty bad, impaled in at least 15 places and a 3" section of the leading edge shattered. I took it home and luckily the covering kept the peices from coming completely apart. I started at it with thin CA and once it was back to the shape of a burrito, I filled the gaps with thick CA. Then, I started patching the covering. An hour and a half later, I was bolting on a new prop and on my way back out.......Damn thing flew just the same as it did before the crash. Anyway, that was just one of many crashes. To date, I have 2 oz of CA on the plane in repairs alone.

Anyone who has the opportunity to have such a fantastic plane and is not willing to Pay the dues to Paul for it is an ass, cause it's a cheap price to pay for that much fun.

William #540

#16 ·
novabill said:
, I have 2 oz of CA on the plane in repairs alone.

Anyone who has the opportunity to have such a fantastic plane and is not willing to Pay the dues to Paul for it is an ass, cause it's a cheap price to pay for that much fun.

William #540
2 oz has to be a record!!! Man, that added $10 to the price, how ever did you afford it?

#19 ·
I bet Bills' Burrito flys even better with the extra 2oz of CA.

I haven't so much as broken a prop on mine. It's taken countless hard nose firts dorks. Once I was working on slow rolls too low, and got cross-fucked. I pancaked it so hard I thought for sure I puked the battery out the bottom of the wing. Nothing, just splayed the gear out a bunch. It might have been a lot uglier if I hadn't gotten the wings level.

#20 ·
It does get better and better, but uglier and uglier with each repair. I will prolly end up ordering another one in the near future. I am going to build a 60" burrito for my MDS .68 next though. Is'nt ironic that we are bashing the guy for wanting to scratch a burrito and that comes out of my mouth :?: Well, if Paul had a kit for a burrito grande, I would buy it. Maybee if mine flys as well as the 40 size, he will kit it. How about it Paul :D

William

#21 ·
I have gone through this thread with a fine tooth comb...And what I have found is that all the Bros agree on the same thing!!! This may not be a record but it speaks volumes for the Burrito... As some of you know I won an EF 540, pulled the gear out of my Burrito and put it in the EF... I am now putting that gear back in the Burrito, I can not think of a reason to scratch 1 out but can certainly see why a Bro would want one... 8) At our upcoming Event in Tulsa I know there will be at least 6 Burritos I hope we are all on different freq. so we can get a great Mass Burrito Hover PIC.. I'm thinking 3D flyer Cover shot :wink:

#24 ·
bought kits most of my life.
Scratched a few (and enjoyed it...... get the point?? money doesnt matter.) Many guys like to do this. For me it aint to save money.

owned one or two ARF's over the years.
Highly disturbed at how the ARF's are wiping out the kits off the face of the earth.

I bought 2 Burrito Kits on the strength of opinions and pictures that were posted here. Trying to finish one for Nashville. Pauly, nice kit BTW.

and yes, all of the above entitles me to a fucking opinion. it is as follows;

There's room for everybody....... without treading on each other.
Looking forward to Nashville and raising Hell.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.