The Profile Brotherhood RC Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,027 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Probably gonna regret this but I'm selling my Balsa Store (Clay) Sbach 65 kit. Just sold the YS DZ1.70 I had planned for it and I have no engines big enough to power it. If it sits on my shelf and I can see it, I will be forever pissed at myself for selling the DZ 1.70. Help me out with the purchase of some Unobtanium Bro History. Big kit in a big box. Price is shipped inside the US only.

Sbach 65 kit - $275 shipped obo

·
Registered
7,049 Posts
Such a good flying plane

·
Registered
8,398 Posts
An OS GT33cc would keep you in the gas/electric zone. Build it....

·
Registered
12,379 Posts
Nice score sbtiger. I sold my Sbach 65 kit also when I realized I'd never get to it, even tho' is is an incredibly sweet flying plane - one of the nicest planes I've ever flown.
Ron (TriFlyer3D the designer) let me fly No' 1 Sbach 65 many times. Here is a pic of me flying it. I also had many conversations with Ron about the plane and the 1st flights and he says this one came off the board perfect.
IMHO I would HIGHLY recommend going with the designers 8S E power system, as it flew phenomenal with that. With our old site you could search "Sbach 65 design and build" and you would get Ron's original build thread. Hopefully with the new site you can find that thread which details the power system. If you choose an IC power system, make sure that it is no heavier than the original 8S E Power
Sky Tree Monoplane Hat Sun hat
system that Ron highly tested for the plane. This plane flys so good it would be a crime to ad any weight and jeopardize the phenomenal way this plane flys.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Probably gonna regret this but I'm selling my Balsa Store (Clay) Sbach 65 kit. Just sold the YS DZ1.70 I had planned for it and I have no engines big enough to power it. If it sits on my shelf and I can see it, I will be forever pissed at myself for selling the DZ 1.70. Help me out with the purchase of some Unobtanium Bro History. Big kit in a big box. Price is shipped inside the US only.

Sbach 65 kit - $275 shipped obo
Hi Let me know if the kit still available.

Thanks
Ron

·
Registered
7,049 Posts
Nice score sbtiger. I sold my Sbach 65 kit also when I realized I'd never get to it, even tho' is is an incredibly sweet flying plane - one of the nicest planes I've ever flown.
Ron (TriFlyer3D the designer) let me fly No' 1 Sbach 65 many times. Here is a pic of me flying it. I also had many conversations with Ron about the plane and the 1st flights and he says this one came off the board perfect.
IMHO I would HIGHLY recommend going with the designers 8S E power system, as it flew phenomenal with that. With our old site you could search "Sbach 65 design and build" and you would get Ron's original build thread. Hopefully with the new site you can find that thread which details the power system. If you choose an IC power system, make sure that it is no heavier than the original 8S E Power View attachment 145368 system that Ron highly tested for the plane. This plane flys so good it would be a crime to ad any weight and jeopardize the phenomenal way this plane flys.
It still fly's good when heavier as well. Mine that I got from KWJ48 weighed almost 9 pounds with a DLE 20 and it flew amazing just a little slow pulling out of a hover. I would like to build one again one day and get it down to around 7-1/2 pounds.

·
Premium Member
1,027 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hey Rick! Yea I can scan and send them to you. I pulled the instruction manual out of the kit this morning and will scan it today when I get some free time. It's quite a few pages and have no idea as of yet how big the .pdf file will be and if i'll be able to email it. PM me your email address and your shipping address in case the file is too big to email and I will just copy them and send it by snail mail if that is what it takes.

·
Registered
374 Posts
IMHO I would HIGHLY recommend going with the designers 8S E power system, as it flew phenomenal with that. With our old site you could search "Sbach 65 design and build" and you would get Ron's original build thread. Hopefully with the new site you can find that thread which details the power system. If you choose an IC power system, make sure that it is no heavier than the original 8S E Power View attachment 145368 system that Ron highly tested for the plane. This plane flys so good it would be a crime to ad any weight and jeopardize the phenomenal way this plane flys.
here is a link to the design and build thread.

·
Registered
456 Posts
here is a link to the design and build thread.
Nice plane, I built one of these back in the day.

Attachments

1 - 14 of 14 Posts