The Profile Brotherhood RC Forum banner
21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Looks like a cox,that be bad luck.
I always had a knack for cox and norvells. I did a lot of control line flying when I was younger. I dusted a old control line off and asked these kids across the street from me if they wanted to learn to fly. I found out at age 54 I dont do circles good anymore. I didnt think it was ever gonna run out of fuel,and when it did I think the plane and me hit the ground at the same time. The kids did pretty good though for never flying before. They both got full flights in.

·
Registered
6,111 Posts
Those are pretty cool. I have to admit.

·
Registered
6,111 Posts
I've got a bag of 049 and similar sized engines sitting on my bench. don't know that I'd ever do anything with them. But they are cool to look at. i think one is an 020 size. It's itty bitty.

·
Registered
5,512 Posts
Now that looks good.(y)

Did you print that yourself?

·
Registered
3,832 Posts
Those 3d prints will not handle the forces put on them . Also look at the lay pattern . If you could trust the print I would want it printed from bottom to top not back to front . Someone is going to end up with a motor shooting off the plane . Someone need to figure out how to lay small metal rods within the prints . Kinda like when reinforcing concrete with rebar . I tried a 3d printed motor mount for a Tmaxx conversion once also . Failed after 3 packs then I got smart and made one out of aluminum

This new website is a trip . I think I like the old informal site better but i'll give it a try . Is it still no holes barred here ? Lots of cool emojis too

Attachments

·
Registered
3,832 Posts
Got to be careful of your words now,but the site works better. I still miss icons,they had direct meaning,guess its give and take.
My favorite was beating a dead horse and I cant find it

21 - 32 of 32 Posts