The Profile Brotherhood RC Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
4,381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I want to add a cylinder head to an electric LazyBee I have. It just doesn’t look right with an outrunner on the front, but since it’s a night flyer, I really want to keep it electric. So if you have a Saito 100 with a broken case or bent crank sitting in a drawer that you would sell cheap, I would be interested.

·
Registered
4,381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Adam had already sold that. I think the 180 is too big… he did contact the person that bought the Saito 120 package of parts and the buyer might sell me one of those heads that has been damaged.

·
Registered
4,381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Spark plug, been kinda quiet on new builds, it’s been rebuilding, prepping for events and as of late 5 weeks of recovery from Covid. I’m just glad to be getting around and back in the shop this week.

·
Registered
4,381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ok, I know I haven’t used this new site we are on much, but I haven’t received any notifications…

·
Registered
4,381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Camera accessory Circuit component Audio equipment Gadget Font

I think I really like this idea. Chris reached out and I had already seen this on thingyverse.

·
Registered
7,066 Posts
Now why would you say that. Every cox motor I had ran great.
Same here and the great thing about this one is you won’t have to worry about the finger shipping while winding up the spring starter.

Reactions: Motowncali

·
Registered
15 Posts
For me, it was late 70’s Cox control line P-51 Miss Cindy then in 1980, first R/C was .049 on a Q-tee.
Funny you should say that ;).

Vehicle Toy airplane Airplane Aircraft Toy

Built it in 1974. I dust it off, check it out and put a few flights on every few years. Probably should drop a 2.4 rx in for next time ..

·
Registered
152 Posts
View attachment 145459
I think I really like this idea. Chris reached out and I had already seen this on thingyverse.
Look on the website Willy Nillies He has a 3d printed cox motormount just like you are showing. Only thing is is that the motor that fits it looks smaller than the one you are showing. The motor Willy Nillies sells for their mount is said to have the same power of a cox Tee Dee 049 which the plane was designed for. I bought some for a lazy bee I am building. They look cool.

·
Registered
2,698 Posts
Just looking at them makes me feel old. I had a q tee to. The cox were half and half,flew half the time,fliped prop the other half. Norvel,they made 1/2a fun. I do like the el cox,and best of all,it will run every time. lol

·
Registered
4,381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Look on the website Willy Nillies He has a 3d printed cox motormount just like you are showing. Only thing is is that the motor that fits it looks smaller than the one you are showing. The motor Willy Nillies sells for their mount is said to have the same power of a cox Tee Dee 049 which the plane was designed for. I bought some for a lazy bee I am building. They look cool.
It was the Willy Nillies that made go searching. I think a nice open rocker design like the Saito 30 would make for a great rc motor electric set up for bigger planes.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts