The Profile Brotherhood RC Forum banner
81 - 100 of 111 Posts

·
Registered
2,661 Posts
Shiny nipples and cf on a foamy??
That come in the kit?
What size are those??
There are only two in the kit. One pictured is like a M2 thread to I believe a 2mm carbon rod for elevator. Other is m2 to a 1mm carbon rod for the rudder. Both are made of brass.
Twisted sells replacements, but of course are quite expensive. I've ordered other stuff from Flight Comp, and found they carry these small clevises and shiny nipples for a better price/quantity. Search: 10 results found for "clevis*"

·
Registered
12,605 Posts
That look great!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
6,275 Posts
Congrats!

·
Registered
7,185 Posts
It flies and its badass.
It
Cloud Sky Aircraft Vehicle Airplane

·
Registered
6,275 Posts
Great to see you have test flown it! 🏆

·
Registered
7,185 Posts
Great to see you have test flown it! 🏆
Yeah I got four flight on it. Needs some more tweaking to the radio but it’s getting close. Also needs more power. I put a hacker A2020 on it which should be plenty but the props I used are just some gemfan 10x4.5 slow flys. I feel like the prop is flexing and flattening out under heavy load so pull out of a hover is anemic. Going to order some apc style that are like 11x5 and I think I should be good.

·
Registered
7,185 Posts
Short video my coworker took when walking by yesterday.

·
Registered
2,661 Posts
Yeah I got four flight on it. Needs some more tweaking to the radio but it’s getting close. Also needs more power. I put a hacker A2020 on it which should be plenty but the props I used are just some gemfan 10x4.5 slow flys. I feel like the prop is flexing and flattening out under heavy load so pull out of a hover is anemic. Going to order some apc style that are like 11x5 and I think I should be good.
We all like cheap props, but there's a sizeable difference in performance between the old slow-fly style and the new APC SF 3D props. These seem to be a cross between an older slow fly and a regular APC E-style. I run the 11x4.6 3D SF on my Revolto, with a Supertigre .10, and performance is great. I've used some GWS 10x6DD in a pinch, and though it's close, the APC's are better. YMMV APC-Landing Products 11 x 4.6 Slow Flyer Propeller | Tower Hobbies

·
Registered
7,185 Posts
We all like cheap props, but there's a sizeable difference in performance between the old slow-fly style and the new APC SF 3D props. These seem to be a cross between an older slow fly and a regular APC E-style. I run the 11x4.6 3D SF on my Revolto, with a Supertigre .10, and performance is great. I've used some GWS 10x6DD in a pinch, and though it's close, the APC's are better. YMMV APC-Landing Products 11 x 4.6 Slow Flyer Propeller | Tower Hobbies

Thanks. I tried a 11x5.5 APC today and power was better but started seeing other issues like in the middle of a crankshaft the motor stopping and esc going into programming mode. Talking with Hooks I think the old style APC electric prop may be a bit to heavy for this motor. I'm thinking though that the Hacker may just not quite be enough for what we call bro power. Does fly it well just not ballistic out of hover which can be seen at the end of that video a posted.

·
Registered
6,275 Posts
What's the Kv of that Hacker?

·
Registered
6,275 Posts
o
..... the props I used are just some gemfan 10x4.5 slow flys. I feel like the prop is flexing and flattening out under heavy load so pull out of a hover is anemic.
I tried a 11x5.5 APC today and power was better but started seeing other issues like in the middle of a crankshaft the motor stopping and esc going into programming mode.
Hacker A2020. Specs say 1022 Kv.
Based on your comments, I think that a Hacker 2020 is simply too small for that plane. A motor rated for 19 amps and 210 watts max just isn't going to let a Revolto fly the way it's supposed to.

Notice the specs on the Super Tigre .10 that wyo69cowboy and I are both using in our Revoltos are maxed at 33 amps and 370 watts. That's a huge difference.

Font Screenshot Automotive lighting Engineering Machine

Automotive tire Font Camera accessory Auto part Automotive wheel system

·
Registered
7,185 Posts
Yes I was noticing that earlier. I might order the park 450 from value hobbies. It’s specs show 327 watts on a 11x5 prop so that should be more in line.

·
Registered
7,185 Posts
Oh also as for the servos so far I haven’t noticed any issues with centering on any of them. Hopefully it stays that way.

·
Registered
6,275 Posts
Did you do the trim button test with them?

·
Registered
7,185 Posts
Did you do the trim button test with them?
Yes I did. Ailerons and elevators where spot on. Rudder servo did always vary 1-2 clicks per direction. Set to extra fine as suggested as well.

·
Registered
2,716 Posts
o

Based on your comments, I think that a Hacker 2020 is simply too small for that plane. A motor rated for 19 amps and 210 watts max just isn't going to let a Revolto fly the way it's supposed to.

Notice the specs on the Super Tigre .10 that wyo69cowboy and I are both using in our Revoltos are maxed at 33 amps and 370 watts. That's a huge difference.

View attachment 145765

View attachment 145766
Super tigre still unobtainium right??
Like to find something like those at the price they were😵‍💫

·
Registered
6,275 Posts
Yes I did. Ailerons and elevators where spot on. Rudder servo did always vary 1-2 clicks per direction. Set to extra fine as suggested as well.
That's good news! Maybe Straightup had the non-digital TowerPro MG90 servos?

·
Registered
12,605 Posts
I don't remember. I just remember how awful they were. TriFlyer flew it also in its bad state..
I'm glad Chris is having good luck with his, and is having fun with his Revolto (y)(y)

81 - 100 of 111 Posts