The Profile Brotherhood RC Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
723 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With Revolectrix ending operations and the CellPro line of chargers gone, what are the best options for a great balancing charger out there?

·
Registered
2,552 Posts
Take a look at the ISDT line of chargers, great but not cheep.

Stay away from ToolkitRC, junk
Damn, I thought the Toolkit chargers WERE ISDT chargers...Prowler has a little Toolkit one and likes it...

·
Registered
14,017 Posts
I’ve been using iChargers for about ten years now, I currently have one 106 and a 3010.
Had a second 106 that died last winter and since I didn’t want to pay 100 bucks for a new one I went ahead and got me a WF approved Reaktor from Hobbyshitty.
So far it’s been working great and the menu is similar to the iChargers.

·
Registered
2,431 Posts
Ben,i have hitec pro,does it all and 12v and 110v. So pleased i bought hitec duel charger,100.00,again very good,very easy to use,safe,does it all. The read outs are large,so easy cave plug can charge all my batts.

·
Registered
2,431 Posts
I checked to make sure,the dual charger is 110v and 12v,all in nice small box. It does 6s,the pro only 4s. AS i thought about it,every time you fly,you charge,so why not have a good charger that you dont have to squint your eyes to see. Got a ib6,not so great a unit,well,dont like it none.

·
Registered
747 Posts
Graupner Polaron gets my vote, Many threads on a replacement for the Revletrix PL8 had me reviewing specs and its been an eye opener that the 110V 1500w wall plug becomes the limiting factor and how it relates to chargers needing 24vdc-50vdc because chargers will current limit to the point the higher volts are needed.

I got into the settings of my polarons and it will split the 260watts across both ports A/B with 12vdc input so I can only charge a 6s on each port @ 130watts or 5.66amps. But I can set it up so the full 260watts can go to one port @100% while the second port becomes disabled @0% or increments of 10% ie port A 90% port B 10% ect.

Been searching out 24vdc power supplies as it will get me the next level, and its weird that they go to 220VAC and even 3 phase to get past the 110V single phase1500w hurdle. There is much banter about chargers with specs not feasible to supply nameplate ratings.

My buddy smoated an I charger when dual 12vdc HP PS in series wigged out and filled his trailer with white smoke and (2) 6s on the outputs. Its well documented and he signed up to buy another one from Progressive RC which will give you a refurb with a warranty upcharge.

So first off for me would be, what is your insurance deductible while trying to save a couple hundred bucks. Then replacement warranty or factory repair availability would be high on the list.. Then one that will allow you to set peak charge volts per cell to 4.21VDC. You could not give me a HK chargers cause they phuk up your battery balance by letting any cell run away from the others on the way up and then sit there and do a discharge balance, good chargers dont do this they maintain balnce on the way up..02

1 - 8 of 8 Posts