641 - 660 of 663 Posts

· Registered
12,709 Posts
:lol: :lol: :lol:

· Registered
6,135 Posts
Straightup said:
Nice... but $800 ????

I'm extremely happy with the Gentle Lady I got from Jake about two years ago for $40, ready to fly less receiver and battery. 30 minutes flights are relatively easy. I've thermaled it for more than 45 minutes before. It's fun, boring, relaxing, challenging all at the same time. But after a flight or two, I'm bored with it for a couple of weeks.

My second airplane was a Gentle Lady glider, back in 1987. I flew the snot out of that thing too. It had a car motor, direct drive, no folding prop, and ran on six cell NiCad batteries that lasted about six minutes. Had a ball with that plane too. I covered it to look just like the plane on the box.

· Registered
12,709 Posts
A couple of weeks ago my Son in Law and I got to ski together - actually I surprised him with having an extra set of skis and rope.
My daughter drove the boat (and was able to snap this pic) and my 5 year old grand daughter was our spotter. Fun day!!!!
Water Cloud Boat Sky Watercraft

· Registered
12,709 Posts
Thanks for the comments Bro's.
I am really blessed with this boat.
It is a 1984 Rinker V153 with J 70 as you guys noticed.
It's never sat outside a day of it's life. My bro in law had it and it sat in his garage for 15 years before I bought it.
I estimate total time at 200 hours and it is in showroom condition.
Wheel Tire Water Car Vehicle

· Registered
3,159 Posts
Was plenty of boat back then,good fuel mileage and light to pull behind a car. Easy to work on to and if enough oil and good water pump lasted forever. How things change,now its 200hp plus,20ft log thats a pain to fix. Its so good to see the next gen having fun on the water,dont get no better.

· Registered
12,709 Posts
Balsa Gold.....
Rectangle Font Circle Logo Brand

· Registered
3,159 Posts
For the would be saw mill guys. No2 son bought a HF sawmill bit back,3,000 bucks or so. I was unsure but it does a good job. So he wanted a longer track,took his parts and added 3inx5/16 angle 20ft and some welding,long boards now can be. Them 16 green boards going be heavy.lol In hind site,kind of wished i had bought one long ago,while in the clearing business i had bunches of trees every day. Yep,the HF saw mill for a home owner does very good,helps to have a dad with old track hoe to.

· Registered
8,495 Posts
I've been shopping sawmills for a couple weeks now for the new property. Wondered if that mill was any good.

· Registered
960 Posts
I own the EZ boardwalk 40 and really like it. Its simple and heavy duty. Have about 100 hrs on it now.

· Registered
3,159 Posts
Its good for the money,better than i thought it would be Thumskull. The tracks are its down side,more so if you move it much,they come in 6ft parts so carefull level of them be needed. Plus, everyone wants long boards,so plan to make longer tracks,mostly need 2 3x3 by 5/16 angle a welder or a bunch of sharp drill bits.lol For a home owner about as cheap and easy as it gets.

· Registered
3,159 Posts
OH MY,Plug got ice in the yard,at 3.00 it was 28,14 tonight and them cool north winds at 20mph plus. You guys up north are hard,this could get old very quick for a southern boy like me. So this is Straightup weather,but he has the views to look at,mts and snow covered hills.lol The cold reminds me,i have a waste oil heater in shop i made years ago,works great and never had any down time with it. It has a air spray tip,uses about 4psi of air,oil at 30 psi and burns clean and hot. 3gal oil to 1 gal fuel,puts out 75,000 btu on about 1/2 gal per hour. This is for a shop that needs big heat,puts wood to shame and dont have to mess with it,light and it goes all day. If someone wants pics,want to see the the iron melt fire be glad to share. Cost about 200 bucks and a days time and uses old oil,you can feel the heat 20 ft from it. Would heat Heinze57 shop very nice for cheap and you can put it in a wood heater.

· Registered
12,709 Posts
Wow! Bummed you are getting our cold weather.
-11 here now and 40 MPH gusts. Lots of drifting snow.. It might get to 1 for Christmas.
We're looking forward to later in the week though, they're predicting 40 degrees and rain Thursday the 29th.

· Registered
3,159 Posts
I had forgot what cold was,have not had any in ten plus years,not real cold anyway. Got all kinds of heat going in this old house. Had 35 kin over for Holiday meal sat,seems lots of frozen pipes and cold drafty homes in the south,no rain thankfully,we have a meltdown if any ice on roads.lol I watched on tv the forcast ,dont think i could take it up north,winds at 40mph,santa must have heated raindeers to get it done.

641 - 660 of 663 Posts