The Profile Brotherhood RC Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,016 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just to let all the Bros who knew Mike "Timerider", that he passed away a few hours ago.

I got a call from his employer this morning about 10:00am, as I must have been his emergency contact person in his file, and was told that he had been found not breathing and unconscious and the ambulance had taken him to the hospital. Not able to leave work at that split second, I sent my wife to the hospital as she was off work today spending time with my youngest daughter as it is my daughter's birthday today. My wife called me about noon to say that Mike did not make it. Pretty shitty. The doctor said they suspected heart attack but never really gave a clear answer.

And sorry to say the last thing he flew wasn't a profile. He stopped over Friday and had a flew flights off my pond with that float plane I bought from some club member at Vince's at the Indiana Pro Bro a few months back. Any of us Bros that knew Mike know he was a bit "rough around the edges" but a hell of a good guy. I have known Mike for 15+ years and converted him to airplanes from drones and helis when I met him at a party at his motorcycle club years back. I seen a guy flying drones and luckily I had a airplane in the truck at the time. I went out and flew it and we were friends ever since. He crashed many of my slabs over the years and I totaled a few of his! Mike had no living family or kids or brothers or anything. I reached out to his motorcycle club and they said they would take care of his funeral and such. That is all I know.

Godspeed Brother!!!

·
Registered
6,472 Posts
So sorry to hear this! Timerider was a good dude and will be missed.

Matt

·
Registered
2,654 Posts
R.I.P. bro

·
Registered
3,920 Posts
Damn, another bro gone. RIP Timerider.. I hope all you bros up there are having a big pro bro!

·
Premium Member
1,016 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
FlightCrazed said:
Damn, another bro gone. RIP Timerider.. I hope all you bros up there are having a big pro bro!
OhiBro is a few weeks away. Timerider has been to every one in the last 6 or 7 years or however long I've been having it. We will pay tribute to a true 100% 1%'er for sure. He will be missed.

·
Registered
651 Posts
Man oh man……. I'm now so glad I had my little mini bro and got to fly with Mike recently . Typical biker, looked like he could be a bit ornery but was a teddy bear at heart. I really enjoyed his company. Things won't be quite right without him at Ohio Bro but he will be there in spirit and memories. My condolences ……

·
Premium Member
1,016 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
VinceL said:
Man oh man……. I'm now so glad I had my little mini bro and got to fly with Mike recently . Typical biker, looked like he could be a bit ornery but was a teddy bear at heart. I really enjoyed his company. Things won't be quite right without him at Ohio Bro but he will be there in spirit and memories. My condolences ……
Thanks Vince. In my foggy memory I can remember him telling you or maybe the guy with the surfboard flying thing, "you can't take it with you". I know it's cliche but damn. Don't know quite yet what we will do in his memory at OhiBro yet, but rest assured it will be worthy.

Still teary. Damn.

·
Premium Member
1,016 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
VinceL said:
BTW, told my wife about his passing. She's pretty upset by it, she really liked him.
Yea. Same here.

And Vince on booze. :rockoncool: should liven things up! :drink:

Trying to smile in a sad situation. Few weeks……..

·
Registered
5,491 Posts
Sad news for sure.

Rest in Peace Bro.

·
Registered
12,326 Posts
Very sad.
Thanks for letting us know Josh.

·
Registered
14,017 Posts
R.I.P. Mike

·
Registered
516 Posts
As all have said, this is very sad to hear.

I think we pitted next to Mike at the second Ohibro and we instantly hit it off and just had a great time together. Like you said, he was a really a good dude and knew how to enjoy life. The one thing that I remember is that his flying really improved each year and I always told him so. I really enjoyed all the time we spent together at your Probros.

Thanks Josh for letting us know, he will be missed!

·
Registered
5,127 Posts
Thoughts and prayers for his family.

·
Registered
4,261 Posts
R.I.P. Brother Mike :rockon:

1 - 20 of 25 Posts