The Profile Brotherhood RC Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
278 Posts
Just when you think you've seen everything! :shock: That thing's pretty weird. So weird it's wicked!

I think you should build one. Looks like an eye catcher. I know I would build one just for the sheer fun behind it. I doubt it'll be very 3D capable but shite can you imagine a Jumbo hovering down on the deck? :D

·
Registered
6,839 Posts
I saw something similar a long time ego, but the one I saw had profile turbine housings under the wings. It looks like a unique project. I'd say go for it!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Hey Wowbagger,
Thats cool,different, an attention getter.

Build it.!!! I am thinking about building one and also making one into a SPAD. Thats the "Cheap Way"

I think it would be a fun build.
COOL.!!!

Larry

G

·
Looks like something that needs to be blown up to giant scale size. Give it the full effect of jumbo. Why not ... do it!

·
Registered
1,748 Posts
Hey, I didn't know there were plans for that. I saw one a few years ago at the Henderson KY fly-in and thought it was just a one-off scratch built from someone, but it looked almost identical to that one. I do remember it was pretty fast and the guy just flew it like a regular fun-fly.

·
Registered
7,115 Posts
Interesting. Did you see the "new Manuver? They talk about harrier like it's new, OH my, flying backwards!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Hey Gordo,You missed the most important part.
It was actually climbing backwards. Wow.! Wow.! Wow.!
he, he, he,

Well,I am married to a woman from another country,and
sometimes I bust a gut at some of the things they say,and do.

I would like to see a pro Bro go "down under" there and fly an OMP Yak or OMP 540 Edge, or Taco and just watch their faces.

I think its funny how other people from other countrys express themselves. I get a kick out of it.

ha ha ,
Larry

Mathewson for AMA Pres. Down with Brown

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
I have a set of plans for the Profile 747. I also had a friend who built one and put tri-gear retracts in it and had it covered in the UPS scheme. He would anounce his flight as "Here is what happens to your packages at UPS" and then do a fast take off roll, jerk it to vertical, climb and do a snap roll or two, then proceed to wring it out.

No offense to UPS Pilots...I know a few of them, and they are great guys.

Jon

1 - 10 of 10 Posts