The Profile Brotherhood RC Forum banner
221 - 240 of 247 Posts

·
Registered
5,308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #222 ·
Can't wait til I get the engine broke in a little more and I'm confident bringing it down low again. Still running a little rich in the midrange, right in the area where it hovers and it stutters every once in a while. After the deadstick nosedive I had on the first flight, I'm kinda skittish right now!

·
Registered
5,308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #226 ·
I haven't heard of any more flying other than the two I built. Should be a few getting close. Where this one excels is in rolling maneuvers. With the long tail it doesn't tumble as well as designs like WWRCs, but rollers and KE stuff is excellent. I can't harrier roll worth a crap but the PG will do them quite well using only rudder fot steering.

·
Registered
408 Posts
that's good cause I can't do rolling harries either.looks like I will end up building it anyways.i wanted something a little different than the WrongWays plane that I fly now,no sense and building something like you already have.

·
Registered
5,308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #228 ·
The WWRC 50cc flies fantastic and is a ton of fun, but I'm not really a fan of the laminar airfoil. It can definitely do a lot of cool stuff, but isn't quite as smooth. The PG does better at drawing lines and has almost no coupling in KE, even very HA.

·
Registered
11,921 Posts
Se hobro thread for link to vid of my maiden. Rolling harrier is EFFORTLESS with the PG. The removable tail I came up with works great. Solar servos seem at first use to be fine on this bird. Time will tell. JB, I do believe you have a winner on your hands here.

·
Registered
2,496 Posts
Maiden looked great Nut. I'm really wanting one of these but won't have the cash for a while. :cry:

·
Registered
5,308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #231 ·
rcaircraftnut said:
Se hobro thread for link to vid of my maiden. Rolling harrier is EFFORTLESS with the PG. The removable tail I came up with works great. Solar servos seem at first use to be fine on this bird. Time will tell. JB, I do believe you have a winner on your hands here.
Thanks, Nut. I'm really liking mine. Rollers are very easy, and I can't do them for crap. But even I can do some pretty nice looking ones using only rudder. When you get that engine dialed in you will like it a lot more!

·
Registered
5,308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #232 ·
Had the PG out at a fly-in today. Second flight, I started having some weird trim issues with the ailerons. I'd roll one way and when I leveled out it wanted to roll in the opposite direction. Landed and saw the ailerons looked out of trim. Retrimmed with the radio and took off again. Started doing it again, except worse. So I brought her in again and noticed the right aileron horn was hanging below the surface. Apparently, the horn had puled out of the aileron. It broke the piece of wood between the two CF horns and popped the plug out. Checked the left wing and that horn had started to work lose too.

I believe the problem occurred because I only used one plate on the horn side of the surface instead of one on each side. The first proto used one on both sides and is still going strong. Thinking I will cut the mounting area out and insert a hardwood piece in there for the horns to mount to.

·
Registered
11,921 Posts
Mine is getting better every time out. Just about got it dialed in.

·
Registered
13,370 Posts
I had a HOOT flying Nut's PG! :tu:

I knew it was a bad idea tho, damn do I want one now. :doh:

·
Registered
219 Posts
I'm still waiting for someone to step up and order a kit so JB can get to producing a run. Got to get my kit stash up for the winter build season.

·
Registered
11,921 Posts
Not sure just search cinco de probro.

221 - 240 of 247 Posts