The Profile Brotherhood RC Forum banner
1 - 20 of 247 Posts

·
Registered
5,308 Posts
Really didn't want to start a build thread in the other thread because it was already getting a bit long, so I figured I"d move it to here.

Finally got all the parts in and decided to do a build with the production kit to make sure everything fit properly. Have a local guy that wants one so bad he's about to wet his pants, so I told him I'd build him one. Without further ado, let's get started!

f_1.jpg

f_2.jpg

f_3.jpg

f_5.jpg

f_6.jpg

f_8A.jpg

f_9.jpg

f_8.jpg

More later after the glue dries. YOu may notice in the pic in step 9 that the plans and parts don't match. There was a mixup in the printing that caused the plans to be about 3/4" short over the length of the fuse. :x :oops: I'm getting them reprinted before sending the kits out.

Attachments

·
Registered
11,921 Posts
Cool. Can't wait to see how it all works out. Clay are you paying attention?

·
Registered
11,921 Posts
Inside joke! Been going over the plans ect with Clay. Incorporating some new ideas to his scratch build to make it more transport friendly!

·
Registered
10,549 Posts
dibbs on this when you sell it.

·
Registered
11,921 Posts
He's building it for a "Local guy doing a pee pee dance" for it.

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
Yep the Drs dibbs have already been dibbed unless of course the original dibbs are undibbed in which case I'm not sure if sloppy seconds dibbs can remain dibbable and that leads to redibbs on sloppy second dibbs but they are actually now greasy 3way dibbs to see who's dibbs actually remain dibbed and who's dibbs are unrecognized in the overall scheme of the dibb. So the dibbers are warned that too much dibbing can result in un dibbable dibbs which are just useless dibbs at that point. And at all times the dibb-ees rights must be considered as over dibbing of a dibb-ee can result in a worn out dibb-ee which no one wants to dibb anymore. Happy dibbing everyone!

·
Registered
10,170 Posts
Evan Shadix said:
Yep the Drs dibbs have already been dibbed unless of course the original dibbs are undibbed in which case I'm not sure if sloppy seconds dibbs can remain dibbable and that leads to redibbs on sloppy second dibbs but they are actually now greasy 3way dibbs to see who's dibbs actually remain dibbed and who's dibbs are unrecognized in the overall scheme of the dibb. So the dibbers are warned that too much dibbing can result in un dibbable dibbs which are just useless dibbs at that point. And at all times the dibb-ees rights must be considered as over dibbing of a dibb-ee can result in a worn out dibb-ee which no one wants to dibb anymore. Happy dibbing everyone!
Evan, you should become a poet :wink:

·
Registered
5,495 Posts
West Coast Bro said:
Evan Shadix said:
Evan, you should become a poet :wink:
I don't know about poetry but it sure made my head spin. :shock: :lol:

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
How many dibbs could a dibbing Dr. dibb if a dibbing Dr could dibb dibbs?

·
Registered
11,921 Posts
Thread jack complete, lol.

·
Registered
8,378 Posts
It's not marked SOLD!

·
Registered
8,378 Posts

·
Registered
5,308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Didn't get much done today. Was hoping to get a lot farther along but had another problem. Not with the kit, but with my sloppiness. I got the new plans printed and was cutting them up into manageable sections with my xacto. Got distracted helping my wife vacuum the pool and left it the knife laying in the floor. My son came in the room and stepped on it, cutting a fairly deep gash in his foot. Ended up having to take him to the ER to get stitched up. That blew 3 hours of build time! And $150 for ER visit and drugs. Oh well, lesson learned. I feel bad for him.

Anyway, I did get the center section finished and started on the outline. Nothing glued yet, just fitting parts. I will post pics tomorrow night when I get back in town.

Oh, and plans are still about 1/4" off, but that's as close as I could get. So when building, just line the spine up with the wing tube on the plans and go from there.

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
Oh no! I hope the little feller heals quick! And hope you get cut back on pretty quick because I'm pretty sure you're cut off right now lol

·
Registered
5,308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Well, the little feller is 24, so it wasn't as bad as it sounded! Still, the wife didn't much like cleaning up the blood spots in the carpet!

I'll get back on it tonight. Need to pick up some wax paper for the plans and should be able to finish the fuse tonight or tomorrow.

1 - 20 of 247 Posts