The Profile Brotherhood RC Forum banner
21 - 40 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
2,925 Posts
Thank you,it did not say how to get them magnets back in place,that be hard part. Thats why i say if you have old motor you like,pull it down and baking soda them before it gets the scheeesss.

·
Registered
14,049 Posts
I always used thin CA when I was building my own motors, make sure you space the magnets properly (same gap between them).

·
Registered
14,049 Posts
sparkplug said:
In one of my mags theres pro tips on ca glues,reg ca can take 500 degrees or so they say. So if you have an old motor what would it hurt to drip some between magnets,its a bitch to fix after they come loose. There even be high temp ca,good for 700 degrees if you want it to glow. I think the glue just gives up,thats what that old tiger 10 i have looks like. Bet GUS knows the fix,lot of old good motors out there,someone need find the fix for them before they scheee.
500 degrees???!!!! You will have nothing left at that temp and you will need a oxi-acetylene torch to get it to that temp.
The windings will let the magic smoke out at a much lower temp.

·
Registered
14,049 Posts
Prowler said:
Straightup said:
Prowler said:
I'm running one of these Exceed Rockets on my new Primo 40 with 4S 3000s and a Hobbywing 80a ESC swinging an APC 14x7. I have a throttle % timer set on my TX16s for 2 minutes, so probably actually 4 minute flight times. Wish it was longer but the balance is perfect and it rips.
I got a pull on this bird at Ottumwa and 100% agree with those comments - the plane performs phenomenal!!! Thank you for the flight. :tu: :rockon:
Aaand it spit some magnets today at the club fun fly... :crybaby: :rant: :crybaby: :rant: :crybaby: :rant: :crybaby:

Guess it's time to become a YouTube Certified brushless motor mechanic.
I'll give you $5 for the stator shipped :rolleye:

·
Registered
2,925 Posts
Yep,got my temps wrong,thats why i posted the article,thin ca should work. Now as to placement of magnets,them suckers dont always play nice,tried on that tiger motor for a bit,did not win. So i thinks,what if we cut some small balsa strips the right width,youse that as spacer between magnets. Glue them and magnets with sodia,bet that be a true fix,unless you make them motors glow,no fix for that. What you think Gus,that be good plan. One more thing,check that clip on back real good on your old motors,poor fit and the shaft slips forward.

·
Registered
12,514 Posts
That looks great Heinz!!

·
Registered
458 Posts
Thanks fellas!
Straight up- I’d really like to try that 6s 2200 set up on this plane we were talking about, but the Motrolfly motors are never in stock online. The Rimfire 32 on 4s does ok but doesn’t have bro power. It could probably use a little more prop. Anybody have a report on the bad ass motor brand yet? Any good?

21 - 40 of 45 Posts