·
Registered
1,690 Posts
Looks good! Where's the CG gonna be? :?:

·
Registered
2,092 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
I will start with 25% MAC. A little conservative. With the engine up front right now I'm close to target. Putting servo's in the tail I might have to add some nose weight. May have to run the servo's from the wing instead.

·
Registered
3,928 Posts
Inquiring minds want to know! Lol.. it's done an! You're bringing it to Nash righ?

·
Registered
3,031 Posts
wagas said:
it is a spinsation wing... Morris used the same ribs for Top Cap as well. Also the same ribs as a Mojo.

Pop and I built some spinsations and It's really only good for ...you guessed it...Spinning. So I wanted to see what it would do if I put horz stab on it.

The fuse and rudder is from my SU26 design....and I mean it's the one you see in the picture recycled.

yes, it's a bash....but then what isn't these days..
All the ribs on Morris hobbies planes where the same with just a couple exceptions. Have not seem a spinsation in years, good luck with the project.
Jeff

·
Registered
19,916 Posts
I've had three spinsation a but all kits. Never flew one. Is like to take some primo ribs and scratch something similar out. But the again aside from the cool looking FSW I already have one in my avitar.

·
Registered
2,092 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
She Fly's! Grant it that the test flight was in 15mph winds but she came off the ground easy and tracked well. Really couldn't do much because of the wind. Made a few passes and spun it like a top. Landed very easy. Can't wait to see what it's like in non windy conditions.

To get it to balance I ended pushing the front end out about 4" instead of adding weight.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,928 Posts
HOLY SHIT! I forgot about this thing! Glad to hear it flies, can't wait to hear more..

·
Registered
6,329 Posts
Trump will win.

·
Registered
12,337 Posts

·
Registered
2,092 Posts
Discussion Starter · #40 ·
Ouch....Turfed it!
Flight report: At normal to fast flying speed she tracked extremely well and very stable.

As I started to test slow flight I noticed some instability problems.

High AOA and just using throttle and rudder it was fine. As soon as I started to pull back on the elevator it seemed drop a wing.

I throttled up to pull out of it and came back around and when I did a split S on the down line I completely lost it. I had no control on the down line. No response from the elevator at all.

It maintained about a 35 degree angle all the way down from about 70 feet. It hit on the chin and gear. It hit so hard that it forced the switch to the off position (forward) and slammed the LiFe battery thru the bottom of the wing.

Maybe a forward swept wing is more ideal for pattern or high speed flying as I had now problems in 15mph winds and normal acrobatics.

Although it is a simple repair. I doubt I'll fix it. I'll just hang it up and stare at for years to come.

Thanks to Menace Flyer for the comments and warnings on forward swept wings.

It takes a long nose to get the balance and maybe the extra long fuselage was part of the problem although I've flown pattern style airplanes 3D without problems in the past (O2).

As always it's fun to experiment with things...sucks when it didn't work the way I wanted it. :roll:

21 - 40 of 59 Posts