The Profile Brotherhood RC Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8,729 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Started building the Fuse this weekend. 90% framed and glued minus the tail...no room on my board...gonna have to unpin and relocate to get to that.

I added a few extra rib point framing that I thought was missing...but seeing how I hate the fuse and its 90% done...

I'm :)

·
Registered
3,614 Posts
3d-aholic

Let us know how the build goes. Im going to order the Yak. How about a flight report. I know others have given flight reports but, nothing wrong with another pov.

good luck man

·
Registered
8,729 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I maiden her today. It was like riding a bull bareback!!!

First, started straight down the run way but after some 5 yards at 1/4 throttle, I can see she wants to get up and go because the tail is off the runway and I got no more steering on the tail. So I take her on up to 60% and give her a little up. Straight up....less throttle and it would be hovering. So I push the stick, shes porpising. One click up and shes climbing, one click down and shes heading down. Anyways, it was up and down in a race track pattern. I didn't try anything crazy. After about 4 minutes, I tried landing but it took be about 6 attempts. Landing was ok though no damage. But, I would be on final, the plane dropping too fast, more throttle, it starts climbing, less throttle it starts going in...one click up elevator and its 75% up incline.

WAY TAIL HEAVY--- no fun at all.

I added some more exp and increased the dual rate, added an ounce of weight to the nose/spinner. Tried it again -- 100% improvement...Now it was flyable. Still just concentrated on race track patterns for now...but landed on a single attempt and about 1 quart less sweat. Tommarrow, I will try some loops, rolls, and basic aerobatics... Probably try some 3d next week.

I did a steep turn and knifed a bit just to get a taste and that looked like it was going to be sweet. But, I don't want to wreck my plane quite let... Like to fly at least 2 weekends conservatively, get the first scrap on there and then to hell with it.

But my first flight was the hardest flight I have ever flown on any plane...extremelly tail heavy planes are no fun to fly. Surprises me, because I had the YS in there and folks where telling me it was going to be nose heavy.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts