The Profile Brotherhood RC Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My dad has always been into boats so I have been racing boats with him last few years. Boats not my thing but they are fun and something to hang out with my dad. The electric one I am still putting together. Uses 4 cell 5000 pack. OS lower unit with adapter for electric motor. Both boats run upper 50s mph.
Wood Office equipment Musical instrument accessory Automotive exterior Gas

Automotive design Wood Engineering Motor vehicle Machine

·
Registered
7,143 Posts
That's pretty cool

·
Registered
12,514 Posts
I agree! Super cool!

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
We also have a couple mono hulls around 47 inch length. Two fiberglass and a wood hull. They use 29cc Zenoah marine engines. They are in the 60 mph range. Water,wind and weather determine top speeds as well as the setup of the hull,prop and the tuning of the tuned pipe. These are stored at my dads house or I would post pics of those.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The K&B engines are not quite the same league as the OS but guys still run them. Sometimes the winner is the last one still running. If it is real windy you can blow over easy if you push it too hard going into the wind. Also needle settings can be real touchy on these. If too rich you dont get the performance but if too lean the motor will kill as soon as the prop hits the water. One race it could be dialed in but if the weather changes much between your next heat it wont match the performance of the first heat. Water puts a lot of load on the engine. From the drag of the hull to the load on the prop. Lot of fine tuning.

·
Registered
2,925 Posts
Got any pics of them boats leaven rooster tails behind them. Never heard any thing that screams like them boats,water cooled nitro,baddd ass. On the side,any one watch [engine masters] on tv. There is nothing to tell the truth like a dyno,and we get to watch free,dog gone,horse power is easy to make now,not so in the 70s. I stood between funny cars on start line back then, the ultament nitro burners,6 sec then,4 sec now.Dog i feel dated,need a drink to up my spirits,where D R bet hes got juice make it better. lol

·
Registered
125 Posts
The K&B engines are not quite the same league as the OS but guys still run them. Sometimes the winner is the last one still running. If it is real windy you can blow over easy if you push it too hard going into the wind. Also needle settings can be real touchy on these. If too rich you dont get the performance but if too lean the motor will kill as soon as the prop hits the water. One race it could be dialed in but if the weather changes much between your next heat it wont match the performance of the first heat. Water puts a lot of load on the engine. From the drag of the hull to the load on the prop. Lot of fine tuning.

now you skeering me, perhaps ill stay 'leckie and just toss that thing on fleabay-

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
They are still fast enough to be fun but just might not fair well in a race situation. Even the OS is going by the wayside to electric. Electric is faster and you get consistent runs. I like nitro better but depending on who shows up with what I’ll be able to race in either class or both. If the K&B is in good shape you will have fun with it.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts