The Profile Brotherhood RC Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
708 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I read this over on Giants.

(Quote)

OMP will have the new redesigned 70" Fusion profile in the fall. The Fusion is the best flying profile ever with over 1500 sold in kit and ARF form. The new Fusion will come in ARF form designed around the DLE-20 and an electric version designed for 50-60mm electric motors. The electric version was on display at the Toledo Show. Check OMP's website in early Jun as we will have pictures of both the 20cc gas and Electric versions prototypes up by then.

(End Quote)

·
Registered
880 Posts
Aquaman said:
I read this over on Giants.

OMP will have the new redesigned 70" Fusion profile in the fall. The Fusion is the best flying profile ever with over 1500 sold in kit and ARF form. The new Fusion will come in ARF form designed around the DLE-20 and an electric version designed for 50-60mm electric motors. The electric version was on display at the Toledo Show. Check OMP's website in early Jun as we will have pictures of both the 20cc gas and Electric versions prototypes up by then.
Best flying profile ever? Ya right. Tri- Flyers designs are some of the best . Fusions are OK but are no way the best ever. Better than Swaneys Mojo and Primos? No way.

·
Registered
1,883 Posts
Every single person has a different view as to whats "best". To say that a single plane is the "best" is rather foolish. :shock:

·
Registered
8,376 Posts
I think he meant best selling, not best flying.

·
Registered
19,916 Posts
What time I had on mine I didn't like it but I think I could. It flew as well as my mojo65 but was lighter.

I'd like to try the new one but man, 70" is big for. 20cc even if it can be kept around 8lbs!

·
Registered
14,671 Posts
I'd be interested in one...

Kind of depends on how proud of them they are and what kind of crap covering they have.

·
Registered
9,613 Posts
Personally I think that the fusion is getting to be a bit of an outdated design. It has been around unchanged for well over a decade now and I think that there's planes that will do what it does but better.

·
Registered
4,027 Posts
Constrictor told me about this thread yesterday.

I have one with a YS 110. They have a different feel to them than a light profile. I think they do exactly what they were designed to do, a combo of 3D and pattern type stuff. I have to stay on top of mine when it slows down. A bit more wing area might be just the right touch to give them a little more floaty feel when doing harriers and slow stuff.

Mine is a V1. I brushed Lusterkote on all seams and the covering stayed on just fine. If you didn't do that, the covering would delaminate and get ugly fast.

The 40 size fusion flew heavy IMO. I'm glad OMP is keeping the fusion 90 alive and going.

·
Registered
644 Posts
I think their websight said something to that effect (coming soon) about the Pro Yak coming back in stock for 2 or 3 years.
At any rate,they have the new Fusion up on their sight.
At any rate,if I needed a 20 CC plane quick(as in crash the one I have at the beginning of the season),and it was in stock. I would probably buy one :mrgreen:

http://www.ohiomodelplanes.com/70fusion/index.htm

·
Registered
10,547 Posts
johnnashville said:
What ever happened to Salmon ?
Mike is pretty much doing the same thing he has always done. they have moved out of profiles to big birds though.

·
Registered
14,671 Posts
Dr Constrictor said:
johnnashville said:
What ever happened to Salmon ?
Mike is pretty much doing the same thing he has always done. they have moved out of profiles to big birds though.
It's Mike and his son Forrest in the pictures shown on OMP's website!

·
Registered
813 Posts
The tail is long like a pattern ship. Built to fly pattern on low rate or wild on high rate. He expects the first container mid June. Price was shipped to the door. 440 supplied hardware looked better than most. Hatch for battery and switch behind/below engine. Did not even have to hassle with finding a place for it to haul it back.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts