The Profile Brotherhood RC Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,832 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do you have the need for speed ? BadAss just came out with a new motor . Put this badboy on a Ferro Plane . :eek:

The new BA-2820-1820 was created to provide the maximum power output available in a sub-150-gram size. Primarily designed for use in race wing type aircraft and smaller pylon racers, this motor excels on 4 LiPo cells with 6-to-7-inch props. With a 100 Amp maximum current rating, this motor can provide over 1400 watts of power from a 4-cell battery. With an APC 6.5x7.5-Pylon prop, pitch speeds of over 160 MPH are possible, and with an APC 7x6-E prop you can get over 120 MPH while producing more than 5 pounds of thrust. On 5 cells with the 6.5x7.5-Pylon prop, speeds approaching 190 MPH are possible! If you are feeling the Need for Speed, look no further, this is the motor for you.

BadAss Motor

·
Registered
2,583 Posts
This one might be good choice for the 46” Slick.

·
Registered
2,580 Posts
Using this one on my 5lb GBR50 R3. BadAss 3520-560Kv Brushless Motor Crazy good power on 6S 22-2700's with a 15x6 prop. One caveat: already snapped a motor shaft, so a 15" prop might be a little much for this size motor on 6S--IDK yet. Replaced shaft, but only about a dozen flights since then...

Reactions: MikeMcChiken

·
Registered
14,039 Posts
Those numbers are confusing, watts is watts… but what do I know
I’d love to see a 148 gr motor do 1440 watts, continuous
Font Material property Parallel Rectangle Number

·
Registered
2,694 Posts
Hey mikey.....
Hows about you order one.Put it on your wenis font ,wild fred ferroplane and give us some real time data?

Reactions: bajajrider

·
Registered
14,039 Posts
😳
2200 W
Font Material property Parallel Number Rectangle

·
Registered
6,185 Posts
Hmmmmm.....
Most E-power guys always figure a motor is good for 3-5 watts per gram.
So this 148 gram motor should top out somewhere around 444 to 740 watts before it overheats.

So either the listed weight of the motor is wrong.
Or the claimed watts are wrong.

Or Elon Musk needs to borrow this amazing heat shedding technology for the motors in his Tesla cars.

·
Registered
8,419 Posts
Yeah, and that 148g motor should tap out about 1200w max (highly inefficient) with super good cooling like on an open cowl delta with a small prop.

·
Registered
3,832 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Myself and a friend have been getting these motors . I have not found them to not be true to specs . He has a couple and so do I . This is a speed motor not 3d .

1 - 10 of 10 Posts