The Profile Brotherhood RC Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
591 Posts
Was wondering if anyone was going to be cutting any kits soon? Damn my buddy had his old small primo out flying sunday, what killer little plane. Need some small stuff.
i scratched out a little Primo 15! Was the easiest scratch build I’ve done yet. The rib templates print out on a standard sheet of computer paper. Printed the big plans at staples. Used a carbon arrow shaft for the tube! Fly it in the back yard all the time!
Toy Monoplane Aircraft Airplane Aviation

· Registered
591 Posts
What did you use for a motor,batt, sec? I think I want to do one!
kept mine light. Used a 1200kv park 400 motor, 30A ESC, 1300 3s lipos. Flys great!
If I built this plane again, it could be made even lighter. I’d use monokote instead of CA hinges. And locate smaller servos in the tail instead of using really long carbon push rods with guide’s. I found with smaller planes, the CA hinges really take a lot away from the servos capability. I believe you could get away with DSM 44s in this rig w monokote hinges.

· Registered
6,135 Posts
I stopped using CA hinges a long time ago. I use Dubro plastic hinges. I have the hinge slotter machine.
It's funny. When I first started building and flying, I only used DuBro hinges. That was about 1988. Then I stumbled into CA hinges for a few years. But ended up going back to DuBro.

I've also played around with the round hinge points. I used them on my two giant scale planes. But I'm not sure I like them as well as Dubro. They are more difficult to align and glue.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts